Lockheed Martin Technician Spec in Akron, Ohio
The selected candidate will provide support to the Lighter-Than-Air, Laser, and Sensor programs in Akron, OH. This role will afford the selected candidate to work on a diverse set of tasks including the below items.
- Supporting the persistent surveillance System Integration Lab (SIL) working on various hardware and software verification and validation testing
- Supporting engineering prototype activities which includes building MIL-SPEC cables, fabricating hardware enclosures, installing and integrating first article designs
- Supporting the aerostat test and repair team with envelope roll-up/roll-out activities, lift-loss testing, inspections, and repairs
- Conducting electronics integration and testing activities for prototype infrared countermeasure (IRCM) and short-wave infrared (SWIR) sensors
Basic Qualifications The selected candidate shall have experience and proficiency at the following:
- Ability to lead and perform duties in support of assembly, wiring, and testing fabrication of electronic assemblies
- Ability to work on circuit boards
- Read, interpret, and follow engineering and assembly drawings, schematics, operations work orders, parts lists and wiring lists
- Repairing production equipment to the latest test specifications
- Conduct tests and complete test reports in required format
- Ability to perform duties effectively in an arduous environment – tasking will be performed in Akron Airdock which has areas that are not climate controlled (heat/AC)
- Capable of supporting aerostat roll-ups/roll-outs – able to lift 50lbs
- Ability to operate a forklift and aerial lift (JLG)
- Experienced with Microsoft Office products
Desired skills - Two year degree in electronics or equivalent military training and experience - J-STD-001 soldier certification - Self-motivated and willingness to take initiative - Able to work independently with direction or as part of a team - Knowledge of switches and servers
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Akron Ohio