Lockheed Martin Govt Relations Sr Mgr in Arlington, Virginia
The Senior Manager, Integrated Operations, serves on the National and Homeland Security (N&HS) programs team within Lockheed Martin Government Affairs (LMGA).
This individual supports the team’s implementation of government affairs strategies through three principal roles.
First, the individual manages specific initiatives within each of N&HS’s four mission areas – intelligence, cyber, homeland security, and science and technology (S&T) programs – and drives cross-functional synergies and opportunities across the portfolio. Second, the individual develops and executes activities to support integration of the N&HS team’s efforts with other LMGA mission teams in support of LMGA’s annual strategic plan and with key Line of Business (LOB) partners in support of the corporation’s long-range plans. Regular engagement across a diverse set of Lockheed Martin stakeholders and US government defense and intelligence customers at executive levels is expected.
Third, the individual develops and coordinates effective systems for tracking and execution of internal N&HS team mission-essential functions including activities such as high-priority actions and projects; long-range strategic planning; resource allocation including budget, travel, and development planning; and enhancing internal team communication and synchronization, to include field office locations.
Basic Qualifications • Demonstrated success in managing initiatives and actions in ambiguous, fast-moving, complex, cross-functional team environments
• At least 7-10 years’ experience, with experience supporting the US Intelligence Community, Defense Department and/or congressional national security committees
• Technical and/or policy experience relevant to at least one, preferably all, of the four main areas of the N&HS portfolio (intelligence, cyber, homeland security, S&T)
• Demonstrated success in effectively interacting with, communicating with, and supporting the priorities of senior-most leaders in government and industry, with excellent staff officer skills including writing, oral communication, and critical thinking skills
• At least a Secret-level security clearance.
Desired skills • Master’s Degree or equivalent level of education
• Experience on OSD or Joint Staff, ODNI staff, or front office staff of key intelligence and defense organizations and agencies
• Capable of gaining a TS-SCI security clearance.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Arlington Virginia