Lockheed Martin Flight Controls Vehicle Management System and Computer Senior Engineer in Bethesda, Maryland
Vehicle Management System and Computer Integration
Become part of our team as an in-country Flight Controls Vehicle Management System and Computer engineer for KF-X. This position is for engineering technical assistance to the KF-X development program.
The KF-X program is seeking a person with extensive Flight Controls Vehicle Management System/Vehicle Management Computer (VMS/VMC) experience to advise Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) engineers during system development. The successful candidate will provide technical advice (to include training, guidance, support, and development assistance) to KAI engineers while guiding concept development through the appropriate application of analysis methodologies, ground test, and flight test to achieve a design solution that meets customer needs. In addition to strong technical skills the candidate should have a track record of success working in diverse groups where attention to the customer is paramount.
The selected candidate will have high proficiency in Flight Controls development and working knowledge of related engineering disciplines that include requirements definition, design, development, qualification, integration test, flight test support, verification, production and training for the KF-X Flight Controls VMS/VMC. Overall tasks shall include, but not be limited to, providing subject matter guidance, training and mentoring to the customer engineers in the following:
• VMS system requirements.
• VMS high-speed data bus requirements and integration.
• VMC design, development, and specification.
• VMC operational flight program software requirements and integration.
• VMC integrated power supply design and development.
• VMS integration lab requirements.
• VMS test methods and procedures.
Basic Qualifications • Bachelors Degree with 7+ years of experience in Flight Controls VMS/VMC Integration
• Experience with Flight Controls VMS/VMC development, integration, design verification, qualification testing, and production
• Experience overseeing multiple tasks simultaneously to identify and resolve task conflicts and issues
• Experience interfacing with customers and subcontractors; proposal technical leadership experience
• Exceptional communication skills to mentor and train other engineers
• Experience working on diverse engineering teams
• Experience with military or government programs
• Ability to relocate internationally
• Must be a US Citizen or authorized to work in the US. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
Desired skills • Experience with new aircraft design and development
• Experience with aircraft Flight Control VMS/VMC design, integration, and qualification
• Experience with Subsystem (Fuel, Hydraulic, Power Subsystem) Control and Integration
• Experience working with international customers
• Experience with Export Control Compliance
• Experience with communicating cross-functionally
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Experience working in or with the Korean government or culture
• Strong organizational skills
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Bethesda Maryland