Lockheed Martin Legal Assistant in Bethesda, Maryland
Assist 4 attorneys and 1 paralegal in all administrative/secretarial aspects of the legal practice and will provide back-up support to other Legal Department administrative assistants as needed. The position requires professional interaction with other members of the Legal Department, Corporate business executives and staff, outside counsel, and agency attorneys.
Will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Maintaining electronic and paper filing systems
- Performing extremely accurate typing of both long and short Word documents - Assisting with the creation and modification of PowerPoint presentations
- Answering phones, screening and placing phone calls
- Scheduling meetings
- Arranging travel
- Preparing and reconciling expense reports
- Maintaining calendars and contact lists;
- Working within the e-billing and matter management software to assist with attorneys with legal bills, creating new matters and running reports
- Working as the delegated alternate for service of process filings with the Corporation's registered agent
- Working with the P-Card and office supply purchasing systems -Maintaining absolute confidentiality of the Corporation’s information and also establish/maintain trusted relationships amongst and between the Legal Department and other departments and functions
The position requires a candidate who is capable of performing multiple tasks, simultaneously assigned by more than one supervisor, and setting priorities among those tasks. The position may also require occasional overtime.
Basic Qualifications - Experience supporting executive-level employees and/or prior law firm experience required - Advanced computer skills with MS Office applications - Effective communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills - Capabilities to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, often under deadline pressure - Prior experience coordinating voicemail/e-mail and taking follow up actions - Ability to manage multiple schedules, and monitors calendar for conflict resolution for meetings and events - Demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills using a high degree of initiative and discretion - Must be dependable, self-motivated, capable of managing voluminous documents, and possess superior time management and organizational skills.
Desired skills - Minimum of 3 years working in an administrative role supporting executives - Familiarity with Lockheed Martin travel reservations and expense reporting - Demonstrates professionalism, poise, good judgment, discretion, and high degree of confidentiality - Experience with e-billing and Matter Management software - Self-starter possessing excellent organizational skills, attentiveness to detail, and professional demeanor - Excellent writing skills
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Bethesda Maryland