Lockheed Martin Rework Technician - Solder and Cable/Harness in Gilbert, Arizona
- Performs hand soldering to military standards
- Performs cable and harness rework, executes wiring repairs including connector replacements with solder and crimp connections
- Performs depot level repairs, modifications, refurbishments of specific components of the Modernized Target Designation Sight/Pilotage Night Vision System (M-TADS/PNVS).
- Performs repair, rework, fault isolation, troubleshooting, and acceptance test of mechanical, electrical, structural, hydraulic subsystems and complete systems.
- Setup and operation of conventional milling machine and drill press, to rework or repair mechanical components
- Utilizes precision measuring equipment to verify compliance to engineering specifications and tolerances
- Completes work IAW engineering drawings, schematics, Repair Center Procedures (RCPs), Field Advisory Bulletins(FABs), and Contactor Installation Procedures (CIPs)
- Documents work in automated maintenance data collection systems IAW Apache Fire Control processes and procedures
- Works with hazardous materials and chemicals, utilizing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required
Basic Qualifications - Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a Department of Defense Secret Clearance. - Candidate must either have, or be able to obtain solder certification (J-STD-001) in order to repair cables and harnesses - Familiarity with industrial standards, military specifications and industry processes - Excellent written and verbal communication skills - Ability to lift 35 pounds. - Ability to work with hazardous materials - Ability to mix and weigh chemicals - Ability to properly safely wire assemblies and connectors - Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs
Desired skills Knowledge of the operation of general purpose and/or automated test equipment Knowledge of trouble-shooting and fault isolation of components using general purpose and/or automated test equipment
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Gilbert Arizona