Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineer / Product Design - Grand Prairie, TX in Grand Prairie, Texas
Lockheed Martin seeks an experienced Mechanical Product Design Engineer for a position in Grand Prairie to support an Office of Secretary of Defense Strategic Capabilities Office (OSD SCO) initiative for the TACMS Technology Insertion (TTI) program. The Mechanical Product Design Engineer will support New Design activity associated with the integration of a new guidance system into a missile. Design tasks will include missile radome conceptual design and new layout of nosecone and payload section components. The product scope of this activity includes support to the design and procurement of missile hardware, systems, and subsystems.
Travel will also be required to support and provide technical assistance to potential suppliers
Other notable tasks will include:
- Development of 3D drawing models and creation/release of 2D engineering drawings using 3D CAD Software, Pro/Engineer (CREO-3)
- Interface development and generation of Instructional Engineering Release (IER) documents
- Performance of Trade Studies and Tolerance Analysis
- Requirements derivation/decomposition
- Specification creation to suppliers for procured components
- Collaborate / Coordinate with other Mechanical Engineering (Structures, Thermal and M&P) and technical disciplines (Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Product Support), Procurement (Materials and Subcontract Management), Quality Assurance, Manufacturing Engineering, Production Operations, and product line suppliers / vendors
- Provide engineering liaison effort to support the fabrication, assembly and integration tasks associated with the product line, including audit step 25 production process reviews, and attending supplier audits
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position. The Locale: Grand Prairie is part of the “Mid-Cities” region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. This North Central region of Texas is a great place to live and to raise a family. The region is home to numerous colleges and universities to include University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at Arlington, University of North Texas, Southern Methodist University, and Texas Woman's University. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
- Basic Qualifications*
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a Department of Defense Secret clearance
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university, preferably engineering focused (example = Mechanical or Aerospace)
- Must have the ability to travel as it will be required to support the hardware Production Operations integration facility in Camden, Arkansas
- Mechanical Engineer with strong conceptual and detail design skills
- Knowledge of mechanical drawing standards
- Experience with detail, assembly, and installation type drawings using PRO/Engineer (PTC CREO-3) Software
- Knowledge of manufacturing and manufacturing processes
- Capable of performing in a fast paced, dynamic environment, capable of working in an inclusive, team environment
The candidate should have experience with Material Review Board (MRB) type experience, where disposition of discrepancy reports will be required by engineering
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.*
Job Location(s):* Grand Prairie Texas