Lockheed Martin Technician 4 in Greenville, South Carolina
WPNS /AME Shop Chief: This position will be at Tucson Arizona.
Responsibilities: Primary point of contact for WPNS/AME shops. Reports to assigned Lead/Manager and provides appropriate guidance to WPNS/AME as directed.
- Provide load crew(s) to perform or assist in loading/unloading of 20MM Ammunition, Bombs, Missiles, Countermeasures, and other authorized Munitions on the F-16.
- Load pylons, Bomb Racks, and Missile Launch Rails.
- Load/unload Impulse Cartridges, and Chaff and Flare magazines as required.
- Perform maintenance inspections, repairs and checks as required.
- Perform loading operations using instructions in technical orders and approved local instructions/checklists.
- Operate ammunition/weapons loading support equipment such as ammunition loading systems and jammers.
- Perform/assist on end of runway inspections and arm munitions prior to takeoff.
- Keep assigned lead/manager and production office informed of any major maintenance in work, issues, or limiting factors.
- Maintain certifications on user munitions in accordance with schedules established by Buyer or local instructions.
- Maintain load crew composite tool kits (CTKs) and conduct inventory against master inventory list before and after use.
- Maintain load crew certification database and ensure crews are current.
- Ensure all aircraft maintenance is scheduled and completed on time.
- Review forms documentation for all aircraft.
- Be the representative for all Weapons related issues in leads absence and coordinate with other sections to facilitate maintenance requests.
Troubleshoot and repair weapons system related problems. Experience with AME is desired.
This position requires frequent standing for long periods, walking, stooping, kneeling, squatting, crawling, and twisting. Assignment location is in Iraq.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS/INFO: Candidate must be a high school graduate or have completed an equivalent program. Candidate must have held a USAF skill level 7 (or equivalent) in his career field. Candidate must have at least 4 years’ experience with F-16/fighter aircraft maintenance activities. Progressive and documented experience in the fighter aircraft maintenance environment. Documented qualifications in related maintenance fields. Must have strong communications and interpersonal skills. Must read, write and speak English fluently. Must have or be able to rapidly secure a DOD secret clearance. Regularly required to lift/carry up to 50 pounds, perform repetitive movements, and perform work from ground level to overhead.
The assignment will consist of continued site set-up activities to include but not limited to light to medium construction activities such as assembling warehouse shelving and furniture in all areas of the maintenance complex. Candidates must be willing and able to participate in all set-up activities, assist with receiving and storing supplies and support equipment. Environmental/weather conditions can be extreme during different seasons. Site is a secure compound which team members will be confined to. Flexibility, a positive attitude and excellent people skills are a must.
Basic Qualifications Aircraft Weapons Systems/ Weapons loading and AME Back Shop
USAF 7 Level or equivalent
Min 6 years documented experience on the F-16 Aircraft / systems
Desired skills Weapons Loading and Backshop Experience.
Previous experience setting up maintenance work areas
Perform routine system troubleshooting, installation and repair.
Have a working knowledge of electronic and mechanical systems and components on the F-16 aircraft
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access)
Aircraft Mechanic / Aircraft craftsman A&P Lic.
Ground handling, minor maintenance, and servicing
Preflight/thru flight/post flight & BPO inspections
Flexibility, a positive attitude and excellent people skills are a must.
Strong understanding of maintenance process and procedures
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Greenville South Carolina