Lockheed Martin Business Development Analysis Senior Manager in Littleton, Colorado
This position will be responsible for leading the Deep Space Exploration Business Development team and supporting external outreach associated with advancing our Exploration programs. Responsibilities include:
- Support to all Business Development activities (strategic planning, New Business Acquisition Expenditures (NBAE) management, and M&A activities);
- The candidate will have an understanding of Civil Space programs, customers (and its partners) and business operations to become responsible for supporting and enabling Civil Space business growth opportunities with domestic, government, commercial, and international customers.
- This position will work closely with BD leadership to support both core and adjacent business growth through due diligence execution and is able to act independently or as part of an integrated team identifying and shaping new business opportunities in partnership with other Lockheed Martin SSC Line Of Business (LOB) staff as well as other LM Business Areas. In particular, this position will be responsible for leading our planetary and astronomy/astrophysics new business capture activities and will be required to work seamlessly with the Human Space Flight BD team.
- Responsibilities also include keep-sold activities, new business development, program capture, proposal generation, strategy development, and customer relations. Periodic travel may be required.
- Position requires an understanding of both marketplace and customers to enable identification, development, and execution of successful business campaigns.
- The position requires an ability to think strategically to identify new opportunities and applications for Civil Space, new customers, and executable campaigns to capture this new business. Additionally, the Business Development Analyst performs numerous roles to include customer and teammate relations, marketing communications, analysis of specific opportunities, proposal operations, establishing and tracking performance metrics, and offering advice to senior leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to form teaming and partnering opportunities. Ability to coordinate with Engineering, Advanced Programs and Business Operations, Price-to-Win, Competitive Intelligence and Capture and Strategy Operations personnel to effectively formulate and execute winning offers.
- Ability to develop and execute strategy plans, campaign plans, capture plans, value propositions, and proposal plans.
- Ability to contribute to the forecast of civil space markets and the strategies of our competitors. Demonstrated understanding of Space Systems missions and strategic initiatives.
Basic Qualifications At least 7 years of experience in business development with a strong background and understanding in the Civil Space market, customers and environment.
At least 5 years of demonstrated team leadership that includes proven communications and presentation skills, effective decision making, building consensus, conflict resolution and sustaining the team’s energy and commitment.
Demonstrated experience developing and briefing executive-level presentations with strong written and verbal communication skills including speaking on behalf of Business Development to the media, at conferences/events and on Capitol Hill to advocate for our Deep Space Exploration Programs.
Willing to travel domestically and internationally.
Proven experience in managing multi-million dollar budgets such as (Market Analysis (MA), Independent Research & Development (IRAD) and Bid & Proposal (B&P).
Proven full spectrum leadership behaviors including shaping the future, building effective relationships, energizing the team, delivering results, and modeling personal excellence, integrity and accountability.
At least 5 years of NASA industry experience that includes developing business strategies focused on Customer Value.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior management and provide critical guidance on the development of the program offer and proposal products.
Desired skills Existing familiarity by key NASA customers at JPL, GSFC and HQ.
Able to think strategically and manage the development of long range objectives and strategic plans by identifying internal and external strategic opportunities and issues that could affect growth and profitability.
Demonstrated ability to lead diverse teams in developing and delivering superior products with constrained schedules and resources.
Existing relationships with civil and commercial customers/partners to enhance access to new business opportunities.
Demonstrated knowledge of Lockheed Martin (Space Systems Company or other Business Area) capture process, including proposal development.
Experience supporting major proposal efforts (e.g., for programs worth $50M or more) including support for LMC Focus/Priority Campaigns or equivalent, with some experience in a proposal leadership role.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Littleton Colorado