Lockheed Martin Senior Staff RF Engineer for ESA Systems in Littleton, Colorado
_Littleton, Colorado_: 'The RF Payloads Center of Excellence is seeking an RF design engineer for the new technology development of Electronically Steerable Array (ESA) Payloads and associated new business pursuits. This individual will complete the detailed RF design of the entire RF path within the ESA from the radiating elements all the way to the A/D converter and the beam former / processor. They will be part of a multi-disciplined technical team in developing and maturing the RF design given an architecture throughout the entire program life cycle for ESA Payloads flight sub-systems. The preferred candidate has a strong background in successfully executing tasks in a fast paced, dynamic, and collaborative work environment focused on developing and delivering advanced ESA technologies. Specific tasks and required knowledge include :
- Develop the detailed RF design for a given ESA architecture for the end-to-end RF ESA systems
- Develop models and use tools for systems trades for link budgets, cascade analysis, antenna elements, capacity, availability, Etc.
- Perform analysis, modeling and simulation of the end-to-end the payload system
- Detailed knowledge of Antenna elements, LNA's, diplexers, tri-plexers, filters, mixers & LO's, combiners, SSPA's, AD/DA converters, TDU's, Phase shifters and attenuators, ASIC's, MMIC's, RFIC's, beem steering command and control, Etc.
- Detailed knowledge of RF design tools such as HFSS, CST MW Studio, FEKO, ADS, AWR Microwave Office, SystemVue, Zuken, Altium Designer, Matlab, LabVIEW, Etc.
- Complete the detailed design / layout of RF and Communications ESA subsystems from components to boards to boxes to sub-systems to full systems
- Interface with subject matter experts and providers of various subsystem products and technologies
- Support new business and technology opportunities through RFI/RFP and internal investments
_Keyword\Phrases Include_: RF Engineering, RF Architect, Shape Reflectors, active electronically steerable array, ESA, AESA Satellite Communications, SATCOM, Microwave, A2100 Spacecraft, Multi-Beam, Spot-Beam, Phased Array Radar, TIRCA WIPL-D, HFSS, NEC, SATSOFT, POS, CHAMP, COBRA, GRASP Electro-Magnetics, EMI, EMC.
Basic Qualifications Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering (with microwave, RF or electromagnetics emphasis) from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 14 years of professional experience; or 12 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree or 9 years of professional experience with a related PhD. Industry experience in the area of RF and communications systems development, analysis and test for space applications Demonstrated experience in Electronically Steerable Array architecture, design, analysis, test and space deployment Demonstrated experience in RF modeling and simulation Demonstrated experience as a technical lead managing a team of multi-function engineers Effective written and verbal communication skills and proficiency with MS Office tools Willingness to travel on a limited basis for vendor oversight and customer interaction Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and documentation skills Ability to obtain SCI Clearance
Desired skills M.S. degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering (with microwave, RF or electromagnetics emphasis) Subject matter expert in Electronically Steerable Array antenna design, fabrication, and testing Demonstrated CPE experience with Payload and /or Communications system space flight hardware Demonstrated build and test experience with space based payload and/or communication systems Current TS/SCI security clearance
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Littleton Colorado