Lockheed Martin Electronic Systems Technician in Lompoc, California
* IAM Hourly represented employees who currently work at the main (Sunnyvale/Palo Alto) unit, Santa Cruz, VAFB or Eastern Range facilities cannot apply for this position through the on-line career network system. If you are a current hourly employee and you want to be considered for this position you must submit a valid placement card request to labor relations. *
At Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company (SSC), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
The Payload Launch Sites Support Services (PLSSS) Program provides all launch processing support functions for Office of Space Launch (OSL). One of the program’s two primary operating locations is Vandenberg AFB, CA. Key elements of the PLSSS program scope include satellite launch processing, satellite transport operations, satellite propellant loading operations, and satellite processing facilities O&M, clean room operations, and safety and environmental services.
Our program needs an Electronic Systems Technician who will help the PLSSS team with the verification of flight systems on a new technology. Responsibilities will include:
• Assemble and set up equipment following engineering instructions and production illustrations such as manufacturer’s specifications, service manuals and bulletins, or other engineering-approved written technical data or oral instructions. Perform functional checks, and assist in installing electronic assemblies and circuits such as signal, control, coax, fiber optic cables, and communications circuits for electronic systems, fixtures and accessories. Some these duties may be performed under the direction of another technician.
• Following engineer’s or technician’s instructions, lay out, fabricate, construct, install and assemble chassis, panels and equipment enclosures for electronic devices. Replace equipment power cords and connect/disconnect A/C modules.
• Assist technicians in installing and maintaining electronic systems, security systems, electro-mechanical entry locks, door strikes and locking devices. Maintain electronic and mechanical functions of RFI and STC-45 sound chambers/rooms and security booths.
• Assist technicians in operational checkout, functional tests and repairs to major assembly or circuit board level of electronic systems, electro-mechanical equipment, computer-controlled environmental and security systems, video systems, non-facility Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS) systems (including battery maintenance), transducers, telecommunication systems and microwave and radio systems.
• Monitor control systems and assist technicians in support of launch facility operations. Install thermocouples in powder grain. Operate shellcross meters for bonding checks of mechanical components and panel installation. Operate support equipment necessary for the loading or offloading of cargo aircraft.
• Performs mechanical operations necessary for the installation, repair, maintenance, dismantling and disassembly directly related to the above systems. May be required to perform routine maintenance and upkeep for the prevention of corrosion.
• Work with or assist technicians in other fields of specialization by performing operations of the level of difficulty described herein.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Basic Qualifications • Requires two years of technical training beyond high school (for example: an Associates degree in a technical field, military technical school, Airframe & Powerplant)
• Knowledge of telecommunications and data processing equipment.
• Ability to use shop mathematics.
• Must have ability to work at various heights on gantries, towers and poles, and be able to work in confined areas.
• Ability to use tools and equipment necessary to perform work described herein.
• Must be willing to travel.
• Must be a United States citizen.
• Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance.
Desired skills • Able to work from test procedures
• Able to understand drawings
• Able to understand electronic trouble shooting and how to repair circuit cards and cables as needed.
• Able to understand direction in a fast pace hazardous environment.
• Able to work in a team atmosphere and work in a diverse work group
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Vandenberg Air Force Base California