Lockheed Martin Fleet Mechanic - Commercial Tractor/Trailers & Heavy Equipment in Lompoc, California
* IAM Hourly represented employees who currently work at the main (Sunnyvale/Palo Alto) unit, Santa Cruz, VAFB or Eastern Range facilities cannot apply for this position through the on-line career network system. If you are a current hourly employee and you want to be considered for this position you must submit a valid placement card request to labor relations. *
At Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company (SSC), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
Key elements of the PLSSS program scope include satellite launch processing, satellite transport operations, satellite propellant loading operations, and satellite processing facilities O&M, clean room operations, and safety and environmental services.
The Fleet Mechanic is responsible for the tune-up, inspection, repair, maintenance, troubleshooting and overhaul of gasoline, diesel, propane, hydraulic, and electrically powered heavy equipment, commercial tractor/trailers, automotive and industrial equipment. Duties will include:
• Diagnose malfunctions and determine method of repair and replacement parts or units required.
• Tear down, check out malfunctions;
• Clean, replace or repair such units and parts as clutches, transmissions, generators, alternators, injectors, fuel pumps, distributors, transistorized ignition systems, and computerized control truck systems to include but not be limited to engines, brakes, transmissions, related sensors, brakes, including air brakes, anti-lock systems and related sensors, battery chargers, air conditioning equipment, and electric motors.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Basic Qualifications • Must have an absolute minimum of 5 years of demonstrated, prior experience working in an industrial setting as a Fleet Mechanic (or equivalent type of position).
• Must be a United States Citizen.
• Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
• Experience repairing and maintaining commercial semi-tractor/trailers, automotive and industrial equipment.
• Experience using hand tools, precision measuring instruments, tool and gauges.
• Knowledge of hydraulics as applied to lifting equipment.
• Ability to operate tugs/tractors and lifting equipment necessary for the loading and off-loading of cargo aircraft.
• Must have knowledge of automotive, commercial semi-tractor/trailers shop theory and practice.
• Experience reading and interpreting manufacturers’ specifications, diagrams and symbols.
• Basic knowledge of, and ability to use, computer systems.
• Must possess, or obtain within 90 days, all Lockheed Martin-issued safety licenses required by law to operate material handling equipment
• Must pass a DOT pre-employment screening.
Possess a valid State of California Class A driver’s license as required for work performed and all required DOT certifications, and knowledge of company, state, federal and DOT regulations.
Must comply with the Real ID Act, must have a current US Passport.
Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Desired skills • Knowledge of computerized control truck systems, AC/DC theory and electronic test equipment and devices as applied to automotive truck and electric powered vehicles;
• Have current certificates from the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) brake and engine systems.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Vandenberg AFB California