Lockheed Martin A/R Credit and Collections Specialist in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Derco Aerospace, Inc., an industry-leading aerospace distributor of spares, components, and services, is seeking an experienced and self-motivated A/R Credit and Collections Specialist who is looking for a challenging work environment. Selected individual will be responsible for collecting funds from international and domestic customers and resolving invoice and payment discrepancies. The position will require relocation to Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Contacts international and domestic customers for payment of delinquent accounts and confers via email, fax, and phone or in person reasons for overdue payment, reviewing terms of sale, service, or credit contract with customer.
• Provides customer with supporting documents (invoices, airway bills, receiving documents, compliance certs etc.) as required. Generates and sends customer statements as required.
• Researches and resolves customer invoice and payment discrepancies and completes appropriate paperwork for Account Receivable adjustments. Files proof of claim for bankruptcies as required.
• When necessary confers with other departments including Customer Service, Account Management, QA, Billing and Warehouse to resolve discrepancies. Keeps open communication lines with all areas of the business to gather pertinent business data that could impact a customer’s credit status or ability to pay.
• Meets departmental metrics for AR Aging Reduction and Cash Collections.
• Escalates potential payment issues to appropriate levels of management.
• Records information in our collections software about financial status of customer and status of collection efforts. Provides reporting data related to efforts as required.
• Researches and resolves un-applied cash and credits in a timely fashion.
• Tracks process data related to assigned areas and supports departmental process improvement requirements as well as other initiatives for continuous improvement.
• Monitors offset accounts and prepares offset agreements with customers.
• Works with customer service and logistics to ensure customer invoices are appropriately delivered in accordance with customer requirements.
• Prepares and reviews LC payment submittals as required. Reviews and code’s invoices related to LC’s.
• Analyzes customer account data and makes recommendations for credit limits and payment terms as needed.
• Supports Finance Department Management as well as department goals and objectives by successfully completing other duties and projects as assigned.
Founded in 1979, Derco Aerospace, Inc. is a world leader in providing aircraft spares, services, and solutions to customers around the globe. Through solid relationships with premier original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), Derco maintains one of the largest and most diversified aircraft spares inventories in the world. Today, Derco is a full-service logistics and solutions provider, supporting military and commercial fleets in more than 65 countries. Derco is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, a subsidiary of Lockheed Martin Corporation (NYSE:LMT) of Bethesda, MD, a Fortune 100 company.
Derco is a diverse, forward-thinking, employee-oriented company that promotes personal development and a work life balance. Derco offers a generous compensation package including: competitive pay, bonuses, health, dental, 401K with company match, and continuing education incentives with full tuition reimbursement.
Basic Qualifications Previous business to business accounts receivable collections experience required; intermediate or above skills using Microsoft Office products required; Experience with international collections a plus; Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills needed. 4 year degree in business related field required.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Milwaukee Wisconsin