Lockheed Martin Member Engineering Staff - Modeling, Simulation & Analysis Software Engineer in Moorestown, New Jersey
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Member of the Engineering Staff Modeling, Simulation & Analysis Software Engineer
A candidate in this position is expected to:
• Contribute to design and development of new modeling capabilities for various discrete event simulation products
• Contribute to and use models of real-world weapons, radars, C2 systems, and communication networks
• Integrate existing and new third-party models into the simulation framework
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
• Perform unit and integration testing of simulation models
• Independently identify and address system and software defects
• Contribute to big data analytics solutions for complex data sets
Basic Qualifications - Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering or a related field
2+ years of experience in modeling and simulation or software engineering
Frequent use of sound software engineering discipline
Demonstrated ability to analyze and decompose problems and formulate solutions
Strong understanding of C++ programming and associated OOP paradigms
Strong understanding of Python scripting language
Experience with debugging and computer system performance analysis tools
Basic understanding of Monte Carlo and distributed simulation techniques
Basic understanding of big data analytics techniques
Ability to work in fast paced, Agile development environment
Must be able to obtain & maintain a DOD Secret security clearance
Desired skills - Strong understanding of Linux OE, C++, and Python
Understanding of the Agile software development process
Understanding of big data analytics techniques
Ability to be a team player to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with multiple internal customers
Demonstrated ability to effectively manage change, identify issues, and work with stakeholders to develop solutions
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Moorestown New Jersey