Lockheed Martin Manufacturing Engineer / Process Engineering / Electro Optical / Tooling / Orlando, FL in Orlando, Florida
Lockheed Martin is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for a position in Orlando, FL to support as Production Engineer for the program team.
- Candidate may be involved with start-up activities associated with new programs i.e. tooling concepts, tool design, ordering, tracking, final prove in of tooling, and process development and implementation.
- Candidate must be able to develop and implement Manufacturing Process Plans (MPP's) for a variety of electronic, mechanical, and electro-mechanical/optical assemblies.
- Utilize basic drafting and software programs to develop MPP's, design tooling, support equipment, and process flows.
- Provide technical guidance and support to manufacturing operators to facilitate assembly performance.
- Apply lean manufacturing techniques to reduce cost and increase yields.
- Investigate root cause of failures/defects and implement corrective action to support continuous improvement.
- May require supporting production in different centers/sites.
Basic Qualifications - Bachelor's degree or higher in an Engineering related field - Intermediate understanding and application of Electro-Optical (EO) processes and Mechanical Engineering technical principles. - Experience in Manufacturing Process Planning, Work Instructions, Equipment specification and installation. - Candidate should have a good understanding and demonstrated application of technical and problem solving skills in the area of manufacturing and production. - Candidate should have hands on experience with building/assembling hardware, and the ability to clearly communicate instructions, verbally and written, providing clear direction for subsequent builds. - Ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance
Desired skills - Working knowledge of LEAN - Six Sigma. - CREO/ProE experience with a focus on tooling, taking a concept through to final design and fabrication. - Experience with manufacturing processes (electronic, mechanical, optical assemblies), GD&T, precision machining, assembly sequences. - SAP experience - Able to identify and implement process plan changes to preliminary and existing work instructions (MPPs). - Experience supporting Make/Buy, Proposals, change boards, and capital planning. - Familiar with earned value and cost account management.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Orlando Florida