Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Sr in Orlando, Florida
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
The engineer will be part of a team of software developers for the UK Military Flying Training System (MFTS) Fixed Wing program. The engineer will contribute to the Design, Development, and Integration of the Flight Simulation software applications. These applications will support the Desktop and Flight Training Devices (FTDs) that will be delivered to the United Kingdom for the RAF. The engineering effort will also include model development and issue resolution to support BFT flight simulator training devices.
Basic Qualifications Basic qualifications for this position will include a BS degree in Computer Science, Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Math, Physics, or related technical field or equivalent with at least 5 years of experience writing software code.
- C++ computer applications development proficiency is required
- Experience writing robust simulation software on Window platforms is required
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment is required
- Strong verbal & written communications skills are required
- Strong collaboration skills are required
Desired skills Experience or familiarity with any of the following skills or technologies is desired:
- Experience developing software for flight training devices such as Desktop Trainers, FTDs, and or Full Mission Simulators
- Experience in development software for real-time simulation
- Software design experience and Architecture knowledge of Flight Simulators
- C# development experience
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Orlando Florida