Lockheed Martin Systems Engineering and Technology Manager in Orlando, Florida

This role is to perform as a Systems Engineering and Technology Manager (E&T Mgr) on the OASuW IRAD and related efforts in the Tactical Missiles Advanced Programs area, cooperating with other Systems E&T Mgrs to represent the Systems Engineering department on program. This person reports to the OASuW IRAD Chief Engineer.

The E&T Manger role requires 20% of the candidate's work load, responsible for representing 10 members of the Systems Engineering team. The remaining 80% of the candidate's role will be from their existing program work, which may vary depending on the successful candidate's strengths, involvement, and program needs but may include support of multiple projects, IRAD support, documentation and program planning, estimates and technical reviews, program manager and customer Q/A support, capital and testing support in-house or at a customer test range.

Significant Tactical Missiles technical leadership experience is required for this role. Demonstrated professional and respectful personal cooperation consistent with Lockheed Martin's Code of Ethics and Business Conduct with diverse teams is required for this role.

A Systems Engineering E&T Mgr is responsible for developing people to achieve enterprise success, executing and creating a positive environment to maximize program potential, and supporting the Systems Engineering Directorate.

Details include attending and supporting Functional needs and flow-downs; providing personnel recognition, career and technical coaching; supporting strategy development and being the technical conscience; and the multiple facets involved in conducting LM Commit, LM talent, and communicating transparently but with discretion and professionalism.

Basic Qualifications - Engineering management or Engineering team lead experience including task planning, budget management, subcontract management and/or employee development and mentoring

  • Excellent verbal and written communication skills

  • Process Improvement and Affordability experience

  • Self-Starter Personality; Ability to multitask

  • Strong business acumen, management influence and whole systems thinking

  • Ability to collaborate with multi-functional teams

  • Full Lifecycle Development Experience

  • Demonstrated ability to manage complex technical systems/programs

-A Final Secret clearance is required to start

-Demonstrated technical experience in the OASuW IRAD program area.

Desired skills - Prior Engineering Management Experience

  • Strong Interpersonal Skills

  • Proposal Development Experience; Basis of Estimate (BOE) Development

  • Control Account Manager (CAM) experience

  • Earned Value Management Experience

As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.

Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.

Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.

Job Location(s): Orlando Florida