Lockheed Martin Printed wiring board drill materials and process engineer in Owego, New York
Printed Wiring Board Material and Process Engineer
Responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to:
- The development, control and improvement of mechanical processes for the fabrication of printed wiring/circuit boards. These processes include mechanical and laser drilling of interconnection holes, profiling, score, back drilling, countersink, fly cut, x-ray drill, micro vias, deburring and hole quality checks. Processes use soft tooling, optical and Xray alignment. Process development includes establishing and understanding major process variables such as drill/end mill types, feeds/speeds, cutting speeds and chip loads.
- Ensuring all process meet print and industry standards
- The development of tooling to help insure successful processing
- Assessing and giving input on new designs based on known process capabilities
- Developing scaling factors and lead the integration of Xact software
- Use of Optical Measurement and Hole Check equipment, (Optec and IMPEX) with an understanding of QC5000 software.
- Leading operational improvements (flow, cost reduction)
- The position primarily focuses on in-house operations; however, the materials and process team has been called on to support other Lockheed Martin sites so domestic travel is a possibility
- Tracking and trending process, quality and production data as a basis for evaluating opportunities for improvement or assessing the effectiveness of improvements.
Basic Qualifications 1. Experience with the properties of Epoxy, Kevlar, Thermount, Polyimide and Rogers/Teflon laminate materials from Drilling, Profiling, Laser and Dim Stab perspectives. 2. Knowledge of mechanics of drill and routing tools and familiarity with available tooling 3. Knowledge and experience with Xact software 4. Experience with mechanical drilling/routing equipment (Excellon), 5. Experience with laser drilling/routing equipment (Excellon) 6. Experience with x-ray drill/routing equipment (Pluritec) 7. Experience with scoring equipment 8. Knowledge of industry standards for printed wiring boards (IPC and Mil) 9. Experience networking production equipment 10. Practical use of statistical methods for controlling processes 11. Team leadership experience 12. Knowledge and experience with Geometric Tolerancing
Desired skills 1. Basic word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software 2. Experience with an enterprise resource planning tool (SAP) 3. Training in lean, six sigma, 6s and/or continuous improvement 4. Experience working with equipment manufacturers and suppliers 5. Experience with CAD (or equivalent) software,
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Owego New York