Lockheed Martin Manufacturing Engineer Stf in Stratford, Connecticut
This Manufacturing Engineering position will report directly to the Core Manufacturing Engineering Manager and dotted line to a program Chief Engineer and Program Manager. The individual will work within the program IPT is responsible for coordination and execution of key technical aspects for the program in support of delivery assurance. Specific CMHP duties include serving as an interface between Design and the Product Centers in effort to align the BOM and process planning efforts with build plan need dates. The candidate will be responsible for monitoring and driving Program priorities for Test and production with Operations, Engineering and the Supply Base. Additional Manufacturing Engineering duties, spanning any program, include the following:
• Responsible for using earned value to meet or exceed cost and schedule targets, contractual obligations and company objectives. • Will be a supporting interface between Manufacturing Engineering and the Program / Operations. • Act as a supporting interface between Sikorsky and key program suppliers. • Develop, review and approve technical metrics to track project health and provide visibility to Program and Functional management. • Interface with company disciplines including program management, supply chain management, PP&C, finance, contracts, design engineering, operations, supportability, and quality. • Coordinate project reviews, oversee activities initiated by the customer, and other efforts required to maintain project support. • Prepare and execute internal and external Program Reviews and formal presentations. • Align team around use of Continuous Improvement (ACE) tools, and Manufacturing Readiness.
Basic Qualifications Education/Certificates
BS Engineering degree w/10+ years of experience in Manufacturing or Design Engineering or a related Operations Lead role; MBA preferred
Desired skills Experience / Qualifications
• Preferred candidate would have 10+ years of rotorcraft manufacturing engineering experience, quality system experience, Operations or program management experience, and experience with supplier development and project management.
• Experience in earned value management and critical path management is preferred.
• Candidate must have strong leadership skills, be a motivated self-starter, have good technical problem-solving ability, good interpersonal skills, and be comfortable operating in a process improvement and earned value environment.
• Candidate shall be capable of working both independently and as part of a matrix organization.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Stratford Connecticut