Lockheed Martin Electrical Engineer / Combat Systems / Virginia Beach in Virginia Beach, Virginia
At Lockheed Martin Rotary Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
- Assist in generation and maintenance power one-line diagrams, generate and maintain electrical power load analyses, and review vendor installation control drawings and technical data package products for Aegis Combat System equipment.
- Support senior engineers in engineering analyses, electrical power system studies, preparation of reports, and use of AutoCAD.
- Participate in modeling and simulation of ship cooling systems using the SIMSMART and Icepak software programs.
- Support programs and initiatives established to provide maximum availability of power to Aegis Combat System elements. Perform studies on existing ship electrical distribution system design, and recommend use and location of bus transfer devices to ensure seamless operation or fastest recovery in casualty situations.
- Perform shipchecks to determine existing ship conditions, and provide on-site engineering support during installation and test of new equipment and systems.
Basic Qualifications 1. BSEE Degree or equivalent relevant experience 2. Minimum two-years experience in design and testing of electric power distribution systems, such as load balancing, protection coordination, switching techniques, and power interruption testing 3. Experience in performing power systems' calculations and analyses. 4. Knowledge in selection and application of related equipment, such as circuit breakers, transformers, power panels, protective devices, frequency converters, power transfer devices, etc. 5. Proficiency with Microsoft Office software package. 6. Strong initiative characteristics and interpersonal skills, including potential to effectively prepare and give presentations.
Desired skills 1. Established interface with NAVSEA, NSWC, other Naval activities, and shipbuilders 2. Experience in the shipbuilding or power plant industries and / or experience in design and construction of major test facilities. 3. Knowledge of USN Aegis Combat System equipment and land site simulators. 4. Basic knowledge of both military and commercial electrical interface protocols, Combat System integration criteria, equipment interaction methods, and USN and commercial Shipbuilding Specifications.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Virginia Beach Virginia