Lockheed Martin Systems Administrator (mid-career) in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, Cyber Solutions, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. You’ll work with fast-paced teams on diverse challenges, from creating out-of-the-box Web apps to designing software for legendary advanced projects. Whatever the project, you can rely on the backing of a global technology leader with a culture that values innovative thinking and the resources that make it happen. Stand on the shoulders of a rich heritage of achievement as you write our next chapter.
Lockheed Martin is looking for a Systems Administrator to join our team in our Annapolis Junction, MD office. So take on what’s never been done before. Become a Lockheed Martin software engineer. You are meant to solve the hardest challenges.
Ten (10) years experience as a Systems Administrator (SA) in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SA experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Load-balancing for high-availability applications
- Database replication
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating system enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.