Lockheed Martin Site Support Engineer in Aurora, Colorado
Description: Looking for a career with purpose? One that challenges your mind, grows your skills and contributes to our Nation’s most critical missions? Do you pride yourself on solving problems that others think are impossible? If you answered yes to these questions, then we would like you to join Lockheed Martin's SSC Mission Solutions Engineering Team!
Mission Solutions develops, delivers, and operates affordable engineering and sustainment solutions for commercial, military and intelligence users across the globe. These mission critical efforts include development of innovative enterprise, cloud and application-based solutions for mission management, command and control, collection orchestration and tasking, processing, data analysis and analytics along with premier operations and sustainment capabilities of space-based programs in support of national security.
The RTS Site Engineer is part of the team responsible for E2 support for an existing operational system. These responsibilities include:
- Providing E2 site support for maintenance and operational RTS systems. This includes E2 level DR investigation, opening DRs, working with the development team on real time solutions, and coming up with creative work arounds that meet customer needs.
- Developing scripts to automate configuration changes or search logs for issues
- Evaluation of submitted DRs for defect versus enhancement
- Translating customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints
- Reviews, evaluates and derives requirements for testability, develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for complete systems and/or subsystems
- Coordinating system testing activities with programs and other organizations; record/playback of data streams.
- Analyzing test results to evaluation reports which verify and validate system performance.
- Coordinating system administration work to be completed by onsite staff.
- Working with the development team and other stakeholders to understand issues and validate fixes.
Position is based in Boulder location but 90% of the time will be spent on site (Buckley AFB).
An active TS/SCI Clearance required for this role.
Desired Skills: Bash or similar scripting.
Python, C, C++, or Java programming experience.
Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Demonstrated understanding of agile development within a scrum team.
Systems Engineering experience.
Experience in E1 or E2 support.
Linux OS background.
Scripting and software development experience.
Must have strong teamwork and user support skills.
Experience writing or executing test procedures for requirements verification.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.