Lockheed Martin Software Engineer - Aurora, CO in Aurora, Colorado
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Lockheed Martin is looking for a Software Developer to join our team in our Aurora, CO or Columbia, MD area.
Supports a classified software development program in the RMS Cyber Solutions market segment.
Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements. Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features. Debug existing software and correct defects. Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments. Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories. Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards. Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards. Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components. Write or review software and system documentation. Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas. Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project. Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance. Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design. Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five years of additional experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
• Knowledge of CLOUD procedures, data ingest
• Programming background in any of the following areas: JAVA, C++, Perl, Ruby, Python, XML,UNIX, LINUX, SYBASE & Oracle
• Seven (7) years of experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
• Experience desired in Distillery/IBM Streams Framework, NiagaraFiles, and/or Scripting Languages.
• Development experience desired with at least three of the following: MapReduce, key-value store technology, HBase/Hadoop, Apache, Accumulo
year requirement applicable to each individual technology listed).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.