Lockheed Martin Software Engineering Asc Mgr in Baltimore, Maryland
Description: The Baltimore Agile & Automated Control Development Manager will be responsible for the functional leadership of a team of diverse engineers within Engineering & Technology. This role is responsible for staffing, training, talent development, technical process improvement, cost estimating, communications, metrics, technical reviews and the full spectrum leadership of the group. The manager will maintain and ensure compliance with all software engineering digital development environment processes at the Baltimore Site. This position requires the ability to work in an accelerated team environment leading the SW development of the Baltimore Machinery Controls Product Line. The selected candidate will work closely with the Small Combatant & Surface Ship Chief Engineering organization and demonstrate technical knowledge in the following areas:
- Agile System and Software Development Methodologies
- System/Software Test and Verification
- Product Integration and Verification
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent
- The candidate will have demonstrated competence in leading cross-disciplinary engineering teams and must have a strong understanding of the following:
- Functional modeling,
- C++ and/or Java programming,
- Linux / Windows Based Operating Systems
- Software engineering processes, and software product life cycle.
- Ability to develop code in C++ and/or Java and willingness to become hands on working directly with members of the team.
The candidate must have demonstrated proficiencies in earned value, schedule, cost and risk management techniques.
- The candidate must have excellent organizational skills, interpersonal skills and be able to communicate at both programmatic and technical levels with subordinates, peers, senior management levels and the customer.
- Occasional travel is required potentially supporting USN Ship underway of extended durations.
- Candidate have a secret security clearance.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Experience with Automated Test tools and Techniques, Modeling Tools, Static Code Analysis tools, Embedded Applications
- Previous Machinery Controls Experience
- Understanding of Lockheed Martin SW Release and Configurations Management Process
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.