Lockheed Martin Project Engineering Asc Mgr in Beaufort, South Carolina
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This individual will perform primarily as F-35 ALIS Shipboard Integration Lead interfacing with USN and USMC F-35 customers at multiple locations. Candidate will reside in MCAS Beaufort, SC area, and handle personnel management of the Shipboard F-35 ALIS IT administrative team which may include subcontract labor. Customers include USN, USMC, and UK. Manager will also perform technical duties (system/database/network administration) in conjunction with IT administrative team they manage.
Leads, tracks, and provides status on ALIS integration and suitability for shipboard operations. This includes close coordination with SATAF Team members during the planning stages prior to equipment installation on ships. Supports SPAWAR Afloat Network Compatibility Test (ANCA) efforts related to ALIS and is also responsible for providing input to and conducting or overseeing the completion of System Operational Verification Tests,
Will also assist with the USMC F35 Operations at MCAS Beaufort, SC when available.
Interfaces in day-to-day Admin team activitiies activities with assigned personnel. Responsible for L-code personnel management of ALIS Administrators on this team. May be asked to perform CAM responsibilities or interface with the CAM.
System Administrator is responsible for providing the overall on-site maintenance and support of the system. The System Administrator serves as the primary point of contact for any questions or concerns raised by users.
Administrative responsibilities include updating systems and software consistent with the Patch Management Plan, Application troubleshooting/assistance performing backup and recovery, and monitoring system performance. In case of a security incident, the System Administrator assists Security in investigating the incident, assessing system impacts, and restoring the system to normal operation.
System Administrator will perform duties to include the following: Backup/Restore/Disaster Recovery, Hardware/System Monitoring, System/Software/User Maintenance.
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users and acts as Subject Matter Expert for use of product suite. Coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Monitors and reviews security audit logs. Also, this candidate will serve as the point of contact to for the JSF Squadron discussion during the flight, evaluation and maintenance activities.
Must be willing to travel, to include Squadron CONUS/OCONUS deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs. Position may require the ability to perform in an arduous duty environment and subject to all applicable U.S. Government requirements. A detailed list of these requirements will be available at the time of interview and employment will be contingent on agreement and compliance with such requirements.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is available for this exciting position.
Desired Skills: 1) Strong systems & software engineering and/or system administration process background
2) Prior proven leadership experience
3) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for Base Leadership (e.g. Officers and executive management)
4) Self Starter & the ability to multitask
5) Proficiency in all MS Office applications
6) Must hold an active Final DoD Secret clearance (in scope) and be able to obtain and hold Special Access Program (SAP) clearances
7) Demonstrated knowledge of LM Program Performance Management Process, Program / Service Life-cycles and related processes
8) Strong business acumen, influence management and whole systems thinking skills
9) Ability to collaborate with and integrate multi-functional teams
10) Full software life cycle for flight, ground, database, and simulation software development. Systems engineering experience on major development program.
11) Prior Database Administration and/or Database Development experience
12) COTS/developed software skills
13) Software Engineering background and experience
14) Integration & Test experience
15) Certified in Security+
16) Prior Cost Account Manager (CAM) experience
17) Demonstrated system administration skills, to include:
a) Setting up configuring and troubleshooting all aspects that make up Storage Area Network (SAN), logical unit number (LUN) and host bus adapter (HBA) Hardware
b) Setting up configuring and troubleshooting all aspects that make up Internet Protocol (IP) Switch Fabric architecture (Routing, Fail Over, etc)
c) Working knowledge of Networked Attached Storage (NAS) and supported protocols
d) Engineering skills required for maintaining Enterprise Server Racks
e) Strong Working knowledge of SSL/VPN security architecture with integration into multi-layered Firewall architecture
f) Ability to work with EMC storage configuration tools (Navisphere, Visual SAN, Fabric Manager)
g) Performing System Virtual Volume Imaging and Recovery, Disk to Disk/DR and Disk to Tape
h) Understanding of Network Open System Interconnection (OSI) Model Layers.
i) Backups of Physical servers (Windows 2003 OS), virtual machines, ESX server
j) Disaster recovery/restores
k) Hardware/System Monitoring of physical and virtual servers
l) System Maintenance - scheduled upgrades/maintenance, startup and shutdown of rack components
m) Software Maintenance – applying OS updates, antivirus/antispyware updates, and patch updates
n) User Account Maintenance (Active Directory)
Candidates must have a Final Transferable Secret security clearance, last Periodic Reinvestigation must be within the last five years.
Candidates Must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
In addition, MUST HAVE the following:
1) Prior hands-on knowledge of JSF F-35 Autonomic Logistic Information System (ALIS) system, including an in-depth understanding of the Architecture, Design and Deployments plans.
2) Prior leadership people management, to include employee recruitment/retention, selection & training, performance assessment, work assignment, salary, recognition/disciplinary actions, & career development
3) Proven Project Lead Management/ experience, and demonstrated ability to provide project leadership in a diverse virtual team environment
4) Excellent communication to all levels of the organization including external customers and LM Executives
5) Field Service experience (with Software/Hardware deployments, Information Assurance process/documentation, ALIS software products including Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS), Customer Relationship Management –AR process, Supply Chain Management (SCM) as well as JSF fighter operations/knowledge is preferred.)
6) System integration expertise
7) Must be willing to work off hours, to include 0300-1200, 0700-1600 (standard), 1000-1900, and/or 1500-2400 depending on operational needs
8) Must be willing to travel to operational sites depending on operational needs, to include supporting deployments
9) Ability to pass a USN sea duty screening.
10) Must be able to obtain and retain a current DoD IAT Level II certification
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.