Lockheed Martin Accountant Sr in Bethesda, Maryland
Description: Position supports the Global Financial Services (GFS) organization within Enterprise Operations.
• Coordinate Month end and Year end EBS 2100 General Ledger Close
• Review and Maintain Chart of Accounts
• Journal Entries
• Account Reconciliations
• Monthly aged item reporting for 3351 & 2100 ledgers
• Participate in monthly Balance Sheet Reviews
• Provide inputs to Monthly Health Metrics
• Quarterly Related Party (Exostar) Reporting
• Coordinate EBS input to the annual bank account review conducted by Treasury
• Investigate accounting errors and unusual activity
• Assist in Researching and Interpreting Accounting Regulations and Policies
• Prepaid Accounting initial point of contact for guidance
• Capital Software initial point of contact for guidance
• Part of DTA team- review and approval of travel expenses
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
• 2+ years’ experience in accounting or audit
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
• Solid analytical skills, be team oriented and have a strong work ethic
• Good interpersonal communication and presentation skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.