Lockheed Martin Aircraft Escape System Engineer in Bethesda, Maryland
Description: Become part of our team as an in-country engineer for the KF-X effort. This program provides technical assistance to Korean Aerospace Industries (KAI) to develop an advanced, multirole fighter for the Republic of Korea Air Force. This position will be located in Sacheon, South Korea, and responsibilities include:
• Review and analysis of schematic/interfaces for the escape system
• Review escape system and test specification and analyze requirements related to escape system design
• Review escape system sled test vehicle (forebody) specification
• Review and analysis of escape system interface/performance including personal survival pack (PSP), Life Support equipment and pilot flight equipment (PFE)
• Review and analysis associated with various escape system tests.
• Review and Analysis of Airworthiness Certification (MIL-HDBK-516C) and compliance verification
• Review material for PDR, CDR, TRR for Ejection Seat, Canopy Jettison System, Inter-seat Sequencing System, and Sled Forebody
• Support Risk Analysis and development of escape system Qualification Test Procedures
• Prepare for PDR, CDR (related to Cockpit Team)
• Support review of supplier design data and qualification results
In addition to strong technical skills, the candidate should have a track record of success working in diverse groups where attention to the customer is paramount. The successful candidate will serve as a subject matter expert and train and mentor customer engineers. Upon selection, the candidate will receive details of the long-term benefits package associated with this international assignment.
Must be a US Citizen. Candidate must be able to relocate internationally. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
Desired Skills: The following are desired:
• Experienced sled test evaluation and seat/canopy trajectory simulation
• Experience with pilot PSP, PFE selection and procurement
• Experience with Airworthiness Certification of cockpit/escape system
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Experience with military or government programs
• Experience working with international customers, particularly the Korean Government or culture
• Experience with Export Control Compliance
The successful candidate will have the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree with 7+ years of experience in military aircraft escape system
• Experience and skills mentoring and training other engineers
• Experience with escape system design, test, analysis
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.