Lockheed Martin Aircraft Manufacturing Engineer Senior Staff (Composite AFP focused) in Bethesda, Maryland
Description: Manufacturing Engineering Technical Assistant to advise and mentor the KF-X Manufacturing Engineering Team. The successful candidate should have experience with composite detail part manufacturing (hand layup and fiber placement) and be able to advise the KF-X Manufacturing Engineering Team on issues related with part design, tool design, schedules, manufacturing plans, and weight savings opportunities. The candidate selected for this position can deploy to Korea from their current location.
• Producibility review for composite skin and bonded assembly
• Support to set up optimum working parameters with Automated Fiber Placement (AFP) machine
• Support to set up quality requirements in cured composite skin with AFP machine
• Latest technology for surface milling of cured composite skin with 5-axis machine
• Support to set-up minimized distortion of composite skin with COMPRO analysis technique
• Manufacturing concept to minimize part distortion for bonded assembly
• Trouble shooting and rework/repair method in composite skin and bonded assembly
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
• Minimum 10 years experience in composite lay-up section with AFP machine, composite machining with 5-axis machine, and experience in bonded assembly
• Capability and experience in COMPRO analysis
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.