Lockheed Martin Communications Intern in Bethesda, Maryland
Description: Lockheed Martin’s Communications team is seeking an intern to help with high-visibility employee communications and community relations that support one of the nation’s biggest companies to push the boundaries of technology, send people into deep space and inspire kids to follow a career path that could lead to the next big scientific discovery. We’re looking for someone with marketing, communications and/or journalism related coursework to perform multiple tasks associated with the Communications organization to gain exposure to a variety of communications related disciplines.
• Pursuit of a degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, or similar degree
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams to pull together large, integrated communications campaigns
• Fundamental understanding of communications strategy, tactics and channels
• Exceptional writing, editing and oral communications skills with the ability to convey highly complex information in clear, compelling ways
• Experience creating and publishing editorial content for web, social and email
• Excellent project management and organizational skills
• Motivated self-starter who performs without appreciable direction and works effectively under competing priorities and tight deadlines
• Collaborative and team-oriented
• Quick study with a keen attention to detail and a sense of urgency
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.