Lockheed Martin Communications Representative and Media Insights Analyst in Bethesda, Maryland
Description: Reporting to the director, Corporate Media Relations, this position is responsible for media relations, storytelling and media monitoring, insights and analytics across the communications team at Lockheed Martin’s corporate headquarters.
Working with communications professionals across the company, this individual will execute integrated communications plans to tell stories about how Lockheed Martin is pushing the boundaries of technology and creating solutions that address our customers’ needs and shape the future.
• Lead a team of communicators to find and tell stories about Lockheed Martin’s technology capabilities and customer focus. Find ways to tell these stories creatively and expand readership through media relations and online tools.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key media to support Lockheed Martin priorities
• Lead Lockheed Martin Thought Leader program, coordinate speaking opportunities
• Support integration of media relations with digital communications
• Use full suite of communications tools to monitor and analyze print, digital and online media sources for issues and policies relevant to the corporation and industry
• Work with external vendors to provide media monitoring, metrics and analysis
• Support emerging communications programs with a focus on media relations
Other responsibilities may be assigned as required to support the organization.
• Exceptional writing, editing and oral communications skills with the ability to convey highly complex information in clear, compelling ways
• Communicator with keen creative instincts to help support strategic communication and issues management
• Strong understanding of the news media and ability to develop and maintain effective relationships
• Ability to cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and executive leadership and work in a matrix environment
• Motivated client-focused self-starter who works effectively under competing priorities and tight deadlines
• Quick study with an attention to detail and a sense of urgency
• Ability to work in a fast-paced matrix environment
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude
• Experience with contemporary communications trends and industry techniques
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
• Experience using data analytics to help drive communication strategies
• Technology communications experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.