Lockheed Martin Community Relations Manager in Bethesda, Maryland
Description: The Manager of Military and Veterans Programs is responsible for leading Lockheed Martin’s philanthropic and community relations efforts to support our troops, their families and veterans. The individual will be responsible for setting and executing our military/veteran strategy, coordinating with internal partners on outreach efforts, and identifying and managing non-profits partners.
Specific duties include:
• Develop and implement strategy for military/veteran outreach
• Research and analyze grant requests for partnerships, make funding recommendations, and respond to non-profit organizations on behalf of Lockheed Martin
• Develop communications plans for projects as needed, and oversee events and programs
• Engage business area community relations and internal partners in strategy development and outreach activities to ensure integration and alignment
• Coordinate internal and external coverage that highlights Lockheed Martin's philanthropic initiatives and commitment to our communities, as needed
• Represent the corporation with external organizations
• Support C-suite military/veteran outreach
• Manage community relations activities within the allocated budget
• A minimum of between 2-4 years proven ability to develop and implement strategy-based community relations plans and initiatives.
• Strong program management skills and attention to detail.
• Familiarity with military/veteran community outreach and support programs
• Four year College Degree
• Strong relationship building skills and ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of employees and leadership
• Motivated self-starter who performs without appreciable direction
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to work well under time constraints, multi-task and prioritize with a varied and heavy workload
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.