Lockheed Martin Field Engineer Sr, SATCOM - JAPAN work location in Bethesda, Maryland
Description: Selected SATCOM technicians will provide technical services support of a Secure Internet Protocol Router Network/Non-secure Internet Protocol Router (SIPR/NIPR) Access Point (SNAP) small transportable satellite terminal. Responsible for operating, maintaining, monitoring, troubleshooting, and repair of Satellite Terminal systems, including connectivity to local and wide area networks, end-to end telecommunications, circuit switching systems, and Long-Haul communications/Transmissions systems. Analyzes capabilities and performance, identifies problems, takes corrective actions to ensure the most efficient operations of the SATCOM equipment. Monitors status and performance of Transmission/Receive systems. Quickly responds to circuit outages and coordinates with distant end facilities and local Systems/Users, when necessary, in order to restore communications services.
- Position requires 24x7 shift work. Candidate will be assigned to a shift, to be determined by mission requirements.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
• Must have strong skills and background in SATCOM principals, operations, maintenance, and repair.
• Skilled in utilizing common SATCOM test equipment.
• Must understand signal flow and end-to-end configuration diagrams for circuits
• Knowledge of Network System Administration
• Must meet DoD 8570 certification requirements for IAT II (Security + CE, CCNA Security, etc.)
A self-starter with strong communications skills and Windows, Unix, Networks System Administration experience. Should be proficient with signal cabling standards, (fiber, TFOCA, CAT5, CAT6, SVOIP, VOIP) with the ability to install cabling systems to support network operations.
• Familiarity with TACLANE encryption devices and Crypto Device Loaders such as SKLs
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.