Lockheed Martin Human Resources Intern in Bethesda, Maryland
Description: Lockheed Martin’s Future Enterprise Program is developing and implementing a transformational operations strategy to position the corporation as the Aerospace and Defense leader in leveraging emerging, digitally-enabled capabilities to lower cost, speed-up development time, and create disruptive solutions to best serve our customers and stakeholders. Our program has assembled a team of change agents to tackle the hardest operations challenges, ensuring that the Future Enterprise is an engineered system of systems, second to none. Join our team and invent the future of aerospace and defense!
The Digital Workforce Center of Expertise is seeking a year-round college intern who is excited to support the development of people strategies that will usher in the future of work. The successful candidate will report directly to the Manager of Organizational Design and support the design, development and implementation of transformational changes to processes, systems, structure, governance, culture, and/or ways of working in support of the Future Enterprise Program and digital transformation. Key areas of contribution include, but are not limited to:
• Creation of Organizational Development (OD) strategies
• Assessment of the current organizational culture, cultural requirements for the future of work and development of a strategy/plan to close the gaps
• Solution development for organizational and business problems related to the successful execution of the Future Enterprise Program and Digital Transformation including organization design, governance, team effectiveness, engagement models, work flow, etc.
• Organizational assessments and uses data to develop organizational effectiveness interventions that will close gaps from current to desired future state.
S/he will also have the opportunity to support activities and initiatives related to Change Management, training and skill development and staffing as program needs dictate.
• Working to obtain a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant psychology or business major such as business administration, human resource management, organization development, organizational behavior, or industrial-organizational psychology.
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, SharePoint, Project, etc.).
• Ability to commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week
• Knowledge of/Experience with organization design processes/tools such as Prosci’s Change Management, Galbraith’s Star Model, Schultz’s FIRO-B instrument, the Parker Team Player Survey, etc.
• Project management skills with good attention to detail and organizational skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills including group presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.