Lockheed Martin Organizational Development/Organizational Effectiveness Leader in Bethesda, Maryland
Description: The newly formed Digital Workforce Center of Expertise is seeking an experienced Organizational Development/Organizational Effectiveness (OD/OE) professional to design, develop and implement transformational changes to processes, systems, structure, governance, culture, and/or ways of working in support of the corporation’s Future Enterprise Program and Digital Transformation. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Creation of Organizational Development (OD) strategies
• Assessment of the current organizational culture, cultural requirements for the future of work and development of a strategy/plan to close the gaps
• Solution development for organizational and business problems related to the successful execution of the Future Enterprise Program and Digital Transformation including organization design, governance, team effectiveness, engagement models, work flow, etc.
• Organizational assessments and uses data to develop organizational effectiveness interventions that will close gaps from current to desired future state.
• Thought leadership, engages with stakeholders to gather and share data, and mobilizes business units and corporate functions to adopt the new approaches.
The successful candidate will have the ability to imagine a new way of organizing and doing work and to operationalize that vision into a business case and plan for change.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant psychology or business major such as business administration, human resource management, organization development, organizational behavior, or industrial-organizational psychology.
• At least 5 years of experience with culture change, OE, management/leadership development, and/or OD principles.
• Experience deploying change management, organization effectiveness, team effectiveness, or organization design processes/tools such as Prosci’s Change Management, Galbraith’s Star Model, Schultz’s FIRO-B instrument, the Parker Team Player Survey, etc.
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, SharePoint, Project, etc.).
• Knowledge and demonstrated application of organization effectiveness principles such as management and leadership development principles, organizational change management, culture assessments, organization design, team effectiveness, organizational assessment methodologies/tools, coaching and consulting, OD principles, and relevant OE metrics and analytics
• Change management experience with enterprise-wide change initiatives
• Experience with research and data collection methods including focus groups, subject matter expert interviews, surveys, etc.
• Experience with large-scale enterprise organization re-designs
• Experience with large-scale enterprise transformations
• Project management experience with good attention to detail, organizational skills, and experience managing multiple high visibility projects
• Strong oral and written communication skills including group presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal and consultative skills (i.e., ability to influence without positional power, ability to establish and maintain strong networks and relationships, ability to interact with all organizational levels with credibility, and ability to manage conflict with key stakeholders that results in desired outcomes)
• Tech savvy/comfort including experience with MS SharePoint and other Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to think strategically as well as deploy detailed tactical, results-driven implementation plans
•Experience working with Agile/DevOps teams and structures
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.