Lockheed Martin Talent Management Consultant in Bethesda, Maryland
Description: The Staff, Talent Management position focuses on the design and implementation of tools and resources in support of Corporate Talent Management processes, programs and initiatives. Specific responsibilities include:
• Support new and existing Corporate Talent Management processes with the design and implementation of supplemental guides, templates, and job aids. Provides suggestions for improvements on existing materials based on interactions with Business and Functional area talent partners.
• Consult with Business and Functional area talent partners to ensure they understand Corporate Talent Review process requirements, gather feedback on the requirements and propose process improvements.
• Act as the internal expert on internal Talent Management system (Atlas). Identify necessary system updates and enhancements. Lead efforts to launch enhancements and communicate changes to the Business and Functional area talent partners. Create and facilitate system training and supporting documentation. Respond to all Atlas related inquiries and issues.
• Use technology to track, manage, analyze, and report on talent management related information. Take a lead role in identifying and measuring key talent management metrics.
• Owns the collection and analysis of submitted Corporate Talent Review information received from the Business and Functional areas. Validates the completeness and accuracy of the information in Atlas.
• Leads the consolidation and preparation of materials for the Corporate ELT Talent Review meetings and Board Luncheons. Creates processes to ensure efficient and accurate output.
• Leads the creation of annual Corporate Talent Management requirement materials and supporting job aids.
• Conducts internal and external talent management best practice research. Shares research with the broader Talent Planner community.
• Provide general Corporate Talent Management information to Business and Functional area talent partners.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 10 years of professional experience; or 8 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered an emerging authority.
• Knowledge of talent management, learning and organization development theory
• Previous talent management experience including succession planning, high potential assessment and development
• Advanced PowerPoint skills with ability to create executive level presentations
• Solid analytical skills exemplified in the ability to translate data into information and develop recommendations which include opportunities, risks, identification of stakeholders and potential impacts as well as possible solutions. Exhibits a solutions-based focus and has the ability to translate decisions into easily-understood explanations.
• Ability to develop and manage project plans that ensure flawless execution
• Intermediate or above proficiency using Microsoft Office & related products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Experience as an HR Business partner
• Working knowledge of Lockheed Martin HR processes, procedures and tools
• Working knowledge of Atlas
• Basic knowledge of LMPeople/HRMS
• Solid oral and written communications skills as evidenced through briefings to leadership and employee communications.
• Strong consultative skills exemplified by the ability to ask appropriate questions in order to identify unstated needs with internal clients.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.