Lockheed Martin Weapons System Integration Engineer in Bethesda, Maryland
Description: Become part of our team as an in-country engineer for the KF-X effort. This program provides technical assistance to Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) to develop an advanced, multi-role fighter for the Republic of Korea Air Force. This position will be located in Sacheon, South Korea.
The KF-X program is seeking a person with extensive Weapon System experience to advise Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) engineers during system design, development, integration and test. The successful candidate will provide technical advice (to include training, guidance, support, and development assistance) to KAI engineers while guiding concept development through the appropriate application of analysis methodologies, ground test, and flight test to achieve a design solution that meets customer needs. In addition to strong technical skills the candidate should have a track record of success working in diverse groups where attention to the customer is paramount.
The selected candidate will have high proficiency in Weapon System development and working knowledge of related engineering disciplines that include requirements definition, design, development, qualification, integration test, flight test support, verification, production and training for the KF-X Weapons hardware and associated software. Overall tasks shall include, but not be limited to, providing subject matter guidance, training and mentoring to the customer engineers. Upon selection, the candidate will receive details of the long-term benefits package associated with this international assignment.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Candidate must be able to relocate to Korea.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college
• 7+ years experience with Weapon System integration
The following are desired but not required:
• Background in Weapon System development, requirement definition, hardware integration, design verification, qualification testing, and production.
• Experience with new aircraft design and development
• Weapon system fire control design/integration experience for fighter aircraft. Highly desired experience includes master mode/targeting/cueing/firing/guidance for MRM, HOBS SRM, and GPS Guided Bomb.
• Familiarity with weapon employment concepts, symbology and PVI implementation.
• Experience with creating & executing SIL, ground, and flight test procedures for verifying requirements.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Experience with military or government programs
• Experience working with international customers, particularly the Korean Government or culture
• Experience with Export Control Compliance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.