Lockheed Martin Engineering Proj Mgmt Sr Mgr in Bothell, Washington
Description: This position is for the Chief Engineer for the RMS/IWSS/APS Laser and Sensor Systems Business Area. This group is responsible for the development and deployment of systems based on lasers and active/passive sensors. Whether it’s developing high power Laser Weapon Systems in the emerging Directed Energy market, or delivering advanced Electro-Optic Sensors enabling pilots to better identify targets and avoid threats, L&SS solves our customers’ most difficult laser and sensor challenges to deliver mission relevant and affordable product solutions. Our customers span the defense, aerospace, industrial and scientific markets.
Minimum of 15+ years of professional experience supporting the systems engineering discipline addressing challenging DOD and/or commercial requirements for systems, and product design architectures.
Proven leadership experience with demonstrated accomplishments in the area of complex high power laser/laser weapon systems development, Electro-Optical Sensors, Optics, Systems Engineering, System integration/test, and project leadership. Previous department level management experience considered a plus. Demonstrated expertise in System Engineering process with a focus on development of products and manufacturing including transition of designs through product deployment for the DOD market is desirable. Formal Program/Project Management training and experience is a plus. Primary responsibilities include:
• Provide technical leadership, direction, technology strategies and project resources to ensure mission success execution of all Laser & Sensor Systems sub-market segment programs & pursuits.
• Provide technical management leadership of all dotted line Engineering Project Managers (EPMs) responsible for the execution of programs and investment activities that spans Bothell Washington and Akron Ohio locations.
• Drive innovation through development and implementation of discriminating forward leaning technologies and solutions under IRAD and CRAD funding.
• Enable business growth by successful technical execution, innovation and customer engagement.
• Oversight of all program technical execution with respect to Cost, Technical, and Schedule and ensure alignment of program contractual obligations within budgets through EVMS metric reporting.
• Be final authority on developing solutions for and closing technical issues.
• Ensure technical performance measures (TPMs) are established and tracked by all IPTs.
• Provide single Engineering & Technology interface with the program office for all programmatic items.
• Partner with E&T COE Site leadership and program management to ensure organizational standard and engineering processes are tailored, approved and followed.
• Partner with functional senior manager to identify and secure appropriate staffing for all activities is in place and to ensure accountability with regard to cost, schedule and technical performance.
• Partner with Program Management and Business Development to develop technical solutions, pursuit strategies and execute these in program proposals.
• Drive design commonality (where appropriate) for products across programs.
A successful candidate will be responsible to mentor and evaluate performance of technical teams and act as an advisor while resolving critical and complex technical and/or operational challenges. Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment, and be capable of working at all levels of the organization, internal and external, to manage technical, cost and schedule project objectives. Facilitate process improvement for the deployed products, services, and associated developmental integration laboratories.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.