Lockheed Martin Senior Staff Systems Engineer in Boulder, Colorado
Description: Your invitation to a bright future!
As we enter a new era of Overhead Persistent Infrared Space Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? The NextGen Geo (NGG) OPIR Program is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with important assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our partners to design and build the strategic ground systems that the nation urgently needs.
As a Systems Engineer for NGG, you will:
• Define and be responsible for the Requirements and Verification Baseline
• Lead Specification and Interface Control Document development
• Support development of test hardware baseline, ground and test planning, and design maturity milestone reviews
• Be a leader in value driven Systems Engineering team and drive design evolution in an Agile and thoughtful way
• Work closely with the Chief Engineer, Chief Architect, Subject Matter Experts, and the NGG Engineering scrum teams to develop, test and field a strategic satellite ground system.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
• Requirements identification, decomposition and allocation
• Requirements verification/validation
• Program start-up environment experience
• Customer interface experience, preferably Air Force customer experience
• Proficiency in DOORS requirements database tool
• Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
• Ability to interact with program internal and external customers and build solid relationships
• Cyber experience
• Integration & Verification experience
• Data Architecture experience
• Experience with Systems Engineering reviews and milestone achievement for SRR, PDR, CDR, MRR
• Agile development experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.