Lockheed Martin Software Engineer in Boulder, Colorado
Description: • Mission Solutions develops, delivers, and operates affordable engineering and sustainment solutions for commercial, military and intelligence users across the globe.
• These mission critical efforts include development of innovative enterprise, cloud and application-based solutions for mission management, command and control, collection orchestration and tasking, processing, data analysis and analytics along with premier operations and sustainment capabilities of space-based programs in support of national security.
• The AWS Software Engineer is part of the Team responsible for implementing the Persistent Data Transfer software including:
- Designing, developing, documenting, testing, demonstrating, and debugging software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems.
- Developing easy to understand user interfaces as front-ends to the AWS software.
- Applying knowledge of hardware and software platforms and services, subject matter to be programmed, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop the software.
- Develop applications and systems using C++, Python, AWS tools, and other tools as required.
- Translating customer contractual needs and requirements into system solutions that acknowledge technical and operational constraints
- Participating in the full software development lifecycle using the Apex Scalable Agile Methodology.
- Reviewing and deriving requirements for testability.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in an engineering, scientific, or computer science discipline
- Experience developing either AWS applications or Full-stack web applications
- Strong teamwork skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Linux OS background
- Scripting experience, preferably Python
- Experience in testing software from a systems engineering perspective
- Amazon Web Services experience (AWS)
- VMware experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.