Lockheed Martin Production Operations Manager / Manufacturability / Cambridge, MA in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Description: The Coordination Chemistry Flow Battery (CCFB) Program within Lockheed Martin Energy has a need for an individual that will provide operations leadership. The CCFB program is maturing from a development program into a rate production program and there is a need for an operations transition lead. The CCFB is a flow battery that will allow for long duration energy storage that can tie directly into existing electrical grids or be paired up with renewable energy sources. This position is the operations lead to transition the Coordination Chemistry Flow Battery (CCFB) from development into rate production.
The Operations Leader operates as key member of the CCFB team on the Program Director’s staff. The primary role of the Operations Leader will be coordinating activities related to production at various suppliers and the Lockheed Martin production facility. The leader is responsible for:
• Ensuring that manufacturability is fully considered in the design process
• Compliance to quality standards
• Establishing inspection plans, transitions to statistical sampling
• Supporting reviews of engineering, manufacturing processes, shipping approaches, etc associated with design for manufacturability to meet current and future needs of the program
• Supporting all aspects of quality to ensure the product meets its engineering requirements with repeatability in mind
• Leading specific projects associated with production preparation
• Leading rate / capacity planning for internal and supplier production requirements
• Develop CCFB operations budgets and staffing plans both short- and long-term
• Oversight of schedule, cost, and quality for CCFB production activities
• Management of program make / buy process
• Providing input / reviews of production related topics (Internal manufacturing) during proposal generation
This role will work closely with other functions to achieve program goals: Quality Assurance, Engineering, Global Supply Chain, Finance, Business Operations, and Program Management.
This position will flex time at multiple sites in eastern MA
The role requires 10% travel, primarily to suppliers or other Lockheed Martin Sites.
Relocation: Relocation/Housing Stipend is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Cambridge, Massachusetts and the surrounding communities offer an exciting and vibrant place to work and to live. Cambridge is just across the river from Boston and is located in eastern Massachusetts. Cambridge is home to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard University. Cambridge, is also the birthplace of many startup companies due to the high amount of brain power produced by these schools and also from nearby Tufts University, Boston College, Boston University, Brandies University, Wellesley College, Babson College, and Northeastern University. Nearby communities would include scenic coastal towns such as Swampscott, Salem, and Marblehead. To the west are communities such as Belmont, Brookline, Watertown, Waltham, Lincoln, and Concord. Our Lockheed Martin AES site is located somewhat close to the Alewife Station which is a major MBTA transit hub with access to the Red Line with service to Boston and bus lines with service to surrounding neighborhoods and adjacent communities. If you like living in right in the city, or out in the suburbs, or near the ocean, our location will offer ample choices for you. Where can you get to from Cambridge and Boston? Cape Cod is less than 90 minutes to the southeast. The White Mountains of New Hampshire are 2.5 hours to the north. Providence, RI is about 2 hours to the southwest. Montreal is about 5 hours to the northwest.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Related professional level career experience in Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Engineering
• A broad base of knowledge regarding electronic, electromechanical, and mechanical production
• Appropriate political acumen to successfully present compelling cases to a variety of internal customers (Program Office, Senior Management, and Engineering)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience managing suppliers
• Demonstrated skills in team building and leading through influence
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical discipline
• At least 9 years of experience with Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Engineering
• Experience with manufacturing engineering tasks such as writing plans, evaluating suppliers, evaluating engineering designs, capacity analysis, forecasting for staffing purposes, etc
• Understand quality assurance tasks such as developing a quality plan, ensuring proper parts handling, assisting with quality metrics, etc
• Prepare and execute to capital, rate tooling and test equipment plans
• Provide / develop inputs to the program IMS and lead production operations tasks
• Develop estimates for headcount, capital and tooling for production ramp
• Help establish priorities for production during development, low rate production and production
• Evaluate and understand impacts to production from engineering changes
• Experience implementing quality systems in a commercial production environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.