Lockheed Martin EEO Investigator in Cape Canaveral, Florida
Description: The EEO Investigator will report to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Investigations Senior Manager within the Global Diversity and Inclusion (GDI) Center of Expertise and support investigations for Space. This role will conduct EEO investigations function for both internal and complaints to include conducting trend analysis and partnering with stakeholders to develop appropriate action planning to address areas of concern. This person will serve as an investigations and EEO subject matter expert to the GDI team, the business area HR leadership team, HR business partners, leaders and employees. They will develop strategic relationships, both internally and externally, that will facilitate the best interests of Lockheed Martin.
This position requires an understanding of the application of EEO and affirmative action laws, regulations, concepts, and practices. The selected candidate must have experience conducting internal and external EEO investigations. Responsibilities include conducting analysis to identify trends and make recommendations to create a more inclusive culture, thus reducing complaints and mitigating risks. The EEO Investigator must stay current on EEO laws and trends in litigation. This position will require travel.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Conduct thorough and timely EEO protected characteristic investigations to include, race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, US military veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, genetic information or mental or physical disability. These will range from routine to complex and include interviewing company personnel as a neutral fact finder, reviewing personnel documents, and analyzing employee data in a timely manner.
• Prepare written reports and summary of findings, with supporting documentation, that are fair, impartial and represent the facts, and analyze investigation to determine whether the facts suggest an employee was subjected to violation of policy. Write Position Statements for submission to external agencies.
• Provide Information to and attend discipline review committee meetings to provide investigation findings.
• Liaise with Business Area GDI leads and HR to convey any and all HR related concerns resulting from investigations.
• Support internal and external EEO related investigations, complaints, inquiries and charges across the enterprise.
• Respond to external inquiries and charges in partnership with corporate and business area EOP and Legal.
• Conduct research and analysis in partnership with Legal to provide insight into environmental trends as it relates to internal and external EEO complaints.
Preferred location for this position is Denver, CO and Sunnyvale, CA or Cape Canaveral, FL. Other Lockheed Martin Space locations may be considered.
•Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience
•Three + years’ experience with the principles and practices of investigation and research, including interview techniques, principles and procedures of record keeping and reporting, research techniques and data collection.
•Experience preparing written reports and summary of findings with supporting documentation that is fair, impartial, and represents the facts, and analyzing investigative results to determine whether the facts suggest a violation of policy.
•Experience writing Position Statements for submission to external agencies.
•Expert knowledge of federal, state and local laws, as well as court decisions and trends regarding EEO-related discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
• Critical thinking capability and the ability to analyze large amounts of information to interpret laws and apply them to various situations
•Experience conducting complex EEO-related investigations and witness interviews
•Experience preparing well written investigative reports with supporting documentation
•Experience collecting, analyzing and interpreting information received from investigations
•Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning, and continual improvement
•Proven experience in collaborating, teaming, and working in a virtual team setting
•Experience exercising sound judgment in safeguarding confidential and sensitive information
•Experience performing detailed work with accuracy for a variety of audiences
•Ability to travel with limited advance notice
• Diplomatic and articulate communication style
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage high-volume workload and complex priorities
• Proven ability to think strategically and effectively work across a large corporation
• Business acumen, reliability, and sound judgment
• Demonstrated integrity and sensitivity to various cultures
•Demonstrated experience in civil and human rights
• Experience interfacing with governing agencies at federal, state and local levels
• J.D. degree with a focus on employment law preferred
• Knowledge of Lockheed Martin policies and practices related to non-discrimination
• Knowledge of company systems supporting this function (i.e., COMET)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.