Lockheed Martin Electronic Component Engineer in Cape Canaveral, Florida
Description: If you are seeking a career that has tremendous impact beyond any one individual and wish to be a part of a meaningful American institution, we invite you to learn more about the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) program! For over 60 years, the FBM team has supported the Navy's mission to provide affordable and credible strategic deterrence. We offer unique career opportunities and challenges on a program with a rich history and exciting future. We help keep this nation and our allies secure.
The candidate will perform Electrical/Electronic Engineering (EEE) Parts Engineering technical assignments related to hardware manufacturing and testing. Assignments will include technical evaluation and support of manufacturing issues/concerns. Candidate will participate in the selection, qualification, testing, and failure analysis of EEE Parts, prepare technical and progress reports on assigned tasks, prepare specifications, evaluate suppliers and analyze test reports. The candidate will coordinate with other disciplines such as Design Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Engineering, and Procurement.
This position requires access Export Controlled Information and the ability to obtain a security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Physics, Material Sciences, Electrical Engineering or a related discipline.
Familiar with a variety of aerospace parts applications and engineering issues. Experience reviewing engineering drawings and EEE Parts specifications and data sheets to providing guidance to design and manufacturing engineers at LM and Subcontractors.
Experience in technical problem investigations.
Information and the ability to obtain a security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
• Understanding of EEE parts applications and performance requirements and specifications.
• Familiar with electronics industry standards for EEE parts
• Experience writing and interpreting engineering requirements.
• Understanding of circuit analysis using EEE parts.
• Ability to multi-task, handle shifting priorities and timeline pressure to meet project deadlines.
• A well organized, self-starter able to take direction, work effectively independently or in a team environment.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal relationship and communication skills.
• Demonstrated technical leadership experience.
• Able to work well virtually with other sites.
• Recognized by peers as an established technical expert for Aerospace applications of EEE Parts.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.