Lockheed Martin Electronics Engineering Manager, FBM Avionics in Cape Canaveral, Florida
Description: Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company at Cape Canaveral, FL ?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you interested in joining us as a Electronics Engineering Manager ? Are you prepared to take you career to new heights?
Join the Lockheed Martin team in support of the US Navy's Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Program Avionics engineering team located at the Eastern Range/Cape Canaveral Florida.
Your primary role will be to support the build, test and delivery of flight worthy electronics hardware to the Life Extension (LE) Production program and D5 Heritage package support.
Your group provides the primary engineering support to the LE production program including performing as Certified Principal Engineers (CPE) or delegates to the CPEs. You will be responsible for leading approximately 7 engineers supporting production of LE Missile Interlocks, Flight Control Electronics and Command Sequencer at variations locations through build and test.
This very visible program role requires a leader who has proven experience and capability to:
• Define and lay out the vision for this team
• Integrate multi-functional engineering capabilities
• Provide inspirational on-site leadership
• Energize team members to deliver on critical program commitments
- Provide a vision for continued support to the program by growing this team for the future.
You will provide daily direction to the team of engineers. This team will be the primary interface to MISF for Heritage and LE Production support, and will have to interface and coordinate extensively with MISF Engineers, Quality Assurance, CPE’s, and various Subject Matter Experts (SME) as required.
A critical role you will have involves implementing flight worthy processing rigor and associated product integrity. Accurate, reliable and timely reporting to the Avionics Engineering leader is required in order to maintain Production support.
Some travel will be required to major supplier sites.
=== YOU WILL TYPICALLY HAVE: ===
• 9+ years of professional experience for this role.
• You will need to obtain a Secret clearance .
• You are a citizen of the United States .
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
You can learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package by visiting this link.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related degree program from an accredited university.
• Five or more years' industry experience, design and testing at circuit board, package or system level.
• Hands on experience with troubleshooting of printed board (PCB/PWB), circuit card assemblies (CCA) and other electronics subassemblies.
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills (verbal, presentation and written, demonstrated successful roles leading/overseeing the efforts of personnel.
• Previous experience presenting to senior management, as well as, customer team members.
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a SECRET clearance.
• Prior FBM experience with Acceptance Test Requirements (ATR), design, build, integration, and test of ground support equipment that must be of sufficient pedigree to interact with flight hardware.
• Previous experience on D5 or D5LE program with Navy/SSP customer.
• Understanding of Trident II Weapon System and/or knowledge of D5LE electronic package designs.
• Ability to read, understand and interpret electrical and electromechanical assembly drawings.
• Three or more years' experience with missile or aircraft avionics, guidance and power distribution systems.
• Three or more years' experience with design, development and maintenance of ATE, support equipment consoles or similar complex test equipment.
• Knowledge and experience with electronics, electronics and practical applications
• Familiarity with FBM program discrepancy documents and failure reporting processes.
• Experience with participation in failure review boards or similar organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to lead teams, especially teams with diverse backgrounds
• Leadership skills and behaviors that align with Full Spectrum leadership (FSL) imperatives.
• Demonstrated Strong organizational, multi-tasking, communication, presentation and decision making skills
• Motivated self-starter who works effectively under tight deadlines.
• Extensive experience in hardware/software development, integration and test environments.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.