Lockheed Martin Project Engineer in Cape Canaveral, Florida
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you looking for an exciting career as a Project Engineer at one of the top Aerospace and Defense Companies? Join us on the Fleet Ballistic Missile Program (FBM) team located at Cape Canaveral Florida. This position is for the project management of new Mechanical Support Equipment (MSE) product development and existing MSE product update/refresh mods.
As a Project Engineer, your responsibilities may include:
• Developing proposals, supporting negotiations, and leading projects thru completion.
• Actively lead and balance technical, cost, and schedule requirements for these projects.
• Project risk identification and mitigation strategy development.
• Providing leadership & direction to a diverse SE Integrated Product Team (systems, design, test, logistics, procurement, planning, etc.) and be expected to handle resource requirements through IPT management.
• Integrating internally within Lockheed Martin and externally with the government funding and technical customers and associate contractors.
• Status reporting of their projects to the CAM and Senior leadership including items for awareness and critical issue.
• Integrating a geographically complementary team. Some CONUS travel is expected.
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
This position requires special access to support the program and requires you to be a US Citizen. Must have the ability to receive obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent years of experience within the field in lieu of education.
• Experience leading projects, teams, and development efforts
• Experience with product life cycle (development, deployment, retirement)
• Experience with risk and opportunity identification and mitigation.
• This position requires special access to support the program and requires the you to be a US Citizen
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
• Project management certification or equivalent Subcontract management experience
• Baseline control experience, Earned Value Management (EVM), control account management (CAM) or equivalent training/experience Support equipment, missile, or production operations experience.
• FBM would be highly desirable.
• Proposal development and customer negotiation.
• Possess strong communication, social, and problem resolution skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.