Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer, Entry Level in Cape Canaveral, Florida
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
We want you to support the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Program by joining the Mission Operations Reentry Systems team as a Systems Engineer. The Reentry Systems team supports the field centers and facilities as well as the operational readiness and safety of the Navy's Strategic Weapons Systems.
In this role:
• You will be learning the craft of problem investigations, to include root cause analysis and corrective action implementation support
• You will be involved in surveillance and monitoring of deployed systems, watching for changes or degradation to the system
• You will develop new ideas for more affordable and efficient operations
• You will learn design and manufacturing aspects of deployed systems from experts (SME) and other mentors.
Are you someone who can recognize issues and identify solution sets? Are you a clear communicator to all levels of management? Do you thrive in a dynamic team environment? If the answer is yes to all of these questions, then we would like to hire you for the Mission Operations RS team. Our new colleague will be willing to learn voraciously and demonstrate strong social skills to support working in a collaborative environment across a large multidisciplinary and geographically-diverse team. We want someone who is self-motivated and able to determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain a desired result.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Aeronautical, etc.)
• MS Office suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• US Citizenship and the ability to obtain/maintain a Secret security clearance
• Highly motivated and dedicated to completion of tasks to a high standard
• Strong technical skills
• Ability to work well with own team, as well as other departments, organization, and customers.
• Active Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.