Lockheed Martin Engineering Project Manager in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The selected individual will oversee the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Advanced Reentry Technologies organization.
The Advanced Reentry Technologies organization is primarily a Systems Engineering group responsible for oversight, development and coordination of Advanced Reentry Body (RB) Programs/Projects within the FBM Reentry Systems Directorate. Organizational responsibilities include:
• Maintenance of the Reentry Long Range Plan / Technology Road map
• Reentry support to FBM D5LE2 Program
• UK TSC Advanced Reentry efforts including UK Successor RB/RV Programme
• W87-1 Navy Feasibility Study
Additional leadership responsibilities include:
• Program What-ifs/New Reentry Programs Planning & ROMs Budgetary Estimates
• FBM Reentry Program/Project Proposals including Basis-Of-Estimate (BOE) generation
• Serve as a “local leader” until other applicable Adv Reentry Programs leadership positions are filled in Denver
The selected individual will be responsible for all technical and programmatic (cost, schedule, staffing) aspects of the activities listed above. This position (and the group in general) requires substantial coordination across multiple organizations including various design disciplines, flight sciences, FBM Missile SEIT, other organizations within the Reentry directorate, as well as the SP28 customer.
The selected individual will report directly to Senior Manager of Advanced Reentry Programs and will be deployed to the Sr Manager of Adv Reentry Systems. The position is in Denver, Colorado. Portions of the organization are in Sunnyvale, California and Denver, Colorado. A key focus area during CY18-CY22 time frame will be support of FBM Reshaping initiative where capability currently located in Sunnyvale California will be relocated to Denver, Colorado, and Space Coast, Florida.
• Technical Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited college.
• The candidate must have minimum of 10+ years technical engineering experience or demonstrated equivalent job experience.
• The candidate must have demonstrated ability to plan, propose, and manage project budgets and schedules.
• The candidate must have experience generating Basis-Of Estimates (BOEs) and providing proposal support.
• The candidate must have proven track record of effective customer coordination and collaboration.
• The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers, management, peers and subordinates.
• The candidate must demonstrate the Full Spectrum Leadership imperatives.
• The candidate must have a secret clearance to start.
The candidate should be familiar/knowledgeable of Reentry, Reentry Bodies, Reentry Vehicles Technologies.
that the candidate has demonstrated knowledge of the FBM program and Trident II (D5) Reentry System.
• The candidate should be familiar with the Navy SSP Reentry customer.
• The candidate should have familiarity with the DOD Reentry and DOE/NNSA (SNL, LANL, LLNL) customer and associated contractors.
• A Top Secret clearance or ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.