Lockheed Martin Lead Project Engineer, Flight Systems Engineering and Integration in Centennial, Colorado
Description: Your invitation to a forward-thinking future!
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. We have opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with important assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs.
As the Lead Project Engineer for the Flight Systems Engineering and Integration Team , you will:
- Be responsible for oversight of the activities supporting the flight Systems Engineering and Test team
- Be the conduit between the design team, test team, internal labs and the program
- Manage cost and schedule for the FTS projects, and integrate with the overall weapons system cost and schedules
- Ensure that projects are completed on schedule following established procedures, schedules, and work plans
- Enable the program to meet key achievements
- Coordinate the planning, organizing, control, integration and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility
- Possess strong system perspective and excellent social skills
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
- Bachelors degree in a technical or business oriented discipline
- Knowledge of program lifecycle and how early milestones may drive future costs
- Demonstrated ability to work with technical leads to manage cost, schedule, and technical scope
- Agile problem-solver and self-starter with the ability to multitask
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline
- Project management and collaboration across diverse multi-functional technical teams including engineering, manufacturing and test
- Strong leadership skills and whole systems thinking
- Experience throughout engineering lifecycle including system definition, design, build, test and operational deployment
- Experience with process development, definition, implementation and continual improvement
- Experience in risk management, process improvement, Material Review Boards, Root Cause Analysis, anomaly resolution and the implementation of Corrective Actions
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with ability to easily convey complex schedule and status data and compiling into succinct single page briefs
- Knowledge of Configuration Management and experience with Enterprise Product Data Management (EPDM)
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment and unafraid to make the call
- Positive attitude, agile, accountable and responsible
- Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.