Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineer - Propulsion in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The successful candidate will be deployed to the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) program working as an ordnance design engineer. Job duties include responsibility for the design, manufacture, procurement, and test for ordnance components used for initiation, separation, and destruct systems; also includes mechanism ordnance components and assemblies. The job requires some interface coordination with customers, ordnance suppliers and test facilities, other related disciplines including manufacturing, subcontracts, quality, structure design and analysis, systems engineering, and integration with affected subsystems and facilities. The selected candidate will travel on occasion to SCF/SVL for a period of time, however permanent assignment will be Denver.
• BS in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Aerospace Engineering or related technical discipline
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a collaborative and team-based environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint)
• Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
• Missile and/or aerospace related education or experience
• Experience in design, development or manufacture of ordnance components and assemblies
• Understanding in subcontract /project management of sub-tier suppliers
• Familiarity with industry standards for design and testing of ordnance devices
• Knowledge in design, development and manufacture of ordnance components and assemblies.
• Awareness Materials and process for manufacture for ordnance devices
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.