Lockheed Martin Model Based Engineering/Digital Tapestry (MBE/DT) implementation lead in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) program is seeking a Model Based Engineering/Digital Tapestry (MBE/DT) implementation lead. This position will be responsible for the strategy, plans and day to day management and execution of MBE/DT implementation for the program. The position will report to the FBM Chief Engineer. This position will lead a core group of MBE/DT subject matter experts and will be responsible for cost, schedule and technical execution of the program vision for MBE/DT implementation. This position will be the primary interface to the program and the customer for implementation progress including awareness and education campaigns. This position will be responsible for working with the FBM Production and Deployed System Support and Life Extension 2 projects to ensure capability requirements are identified and supported through implementation plans. This position will also be responsible for working with the customer to secure contract resources as part of the annual FBM program proposal process. In addition, this position will support the Chief Engineer as necessary to help shape the customer’s Systems Engineering Transformation (SET) initiative; Coordinate LM points of contact for SET integrated product team (IPT) leads and participants; Provide leadership and guidance across associate prime contractor efforts; Attend face to face SET Steering group and IPT meetings as necessary; Communicate to Navy leadership on MBE/DT implementation vision, strategy and status; Refine MBE/DT implementation organization; Define system integration requirements for MBE infrastructure; Assist in the development of secure MBE/DT infrastructure strategies and data protection requirements to provide efficient and secure communications and data exchange with the customer and FBM associate contractor partners as the FBM program transitions from a document-based conops to a model-based conops; Develop and maintain relationships with Navy and associate contractor leadership.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in an engineering, technical or related discipline
• 10 years overall technical experience, with a minimum of 7 years in a systems engineering or design engineering discipline
• Demonstrated proficiency indicating a comprehensive understanding of relevant Systems Engineering functions, responsibilities and technical domains
• Extensive knowledge and application of the system engineering process, including risk management, system architecture, requirement development, requirements verification and validation, subsystem and system integration, mission operations, and baseline control
• Technical leadership experience, including a demonstrated capability in leading a systems or subsystems team
• Ability to accept responsibility, exercise authority, and be held accountable for assignments demonstrated through previous on-time, on-budget delivery meeting technical requirements
• Demonstrated ability to build, maintain, and coach a team, which includes the execution and evolution of a business rhythm that effectively communicates and achieves program objectives and priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to develop long-term plans and translate into an actionable and executable program baseline.
• DOD Secret Clearance or above.
• Be able to travel (approximately 1 week each month).
• Demonstrate leadership skills and behaviors that align with the Full Spectrum Leadership imperatives.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with peers, superiors, subordinates, and customers
• Demonstrated knowledge of project management, including budget control, planning, control account management, staffing, and resource utilization, CAM training
• Working knowledge of architecture frameworks (DoDAF, ToGAF, ABD, Harmony, etc.)
• Analysis / simulation development
• Working knowledge of Systems Modeling Language (SysML) or Unified Modeling Language (UML)
• Working knowledge of MBSE tools (Rhapsody, MagicDraw/ Cameo, Enterprise Architect, DOORS, JAMA, etc...)
• Model automation and integration, tools such as Phoenix Integration ModelCenter
• Test planning and execution, test automation
• Process development and deployment
• Demonstrated successful experience with Navy SSP customer
• Experience with development, test, launch, and sustainment for SLBM or Strategic Missile Systems
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.