Lockheed Martin Program Planner IV (Mid-Career Level) in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our exceptional skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with perfection, and build incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus. You bring the passion and courage to dream big and build a better tomorrow for everyone.
Do you have a passion and dream to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Come and be part of our team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. Become a Program Planner supporting our Fleet Ballistic Missile Program. In this role, you will have the opportunity to have a profound impact on the program and the customers we support. A person in this role generally has 8 or more years of professional experience in manufacturing planning, has strong attention-to-detail, and a driven work ethic.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• You will develop statuses and analyze Integrated Master Schedules (IMS).
• Monitor progress, assess program status, and identify performance issues in a timely manner.
• You will maintain and coordinate vertical and horizontal schedule integration between supplemental schedules, the Integrated Master Schedule, and the Program Summary Master Schedule.
• Ensures established program baseline control processes are followed.
• You will oversee business rhythms required to accomplish program control, analyses and forecasting objectives.
• Use critical path methodology, risk analysis, and problem resolution to mitigate manufacturing delays/issues that arise.
• You will communicate schedule impacts and proposes corrective actions to applicable program partners.
• Develop recovery plans to ensure program achievements are completed in accordance with the contract requirements.
• You will synchronize cost/schedule integration in support of Earned Value requirements.
• You will generate schedule metrics and reports related to execution of the Program.
• Schedule presentations may include Program Management, Executive Management, or Customer Management.
• Establish and conduct data and process quality assessments of planning products.
• You will prepare for surveillance reviews to ensure compliance with program performance management.
• May support proposal activities including coordination with program management, program planners, IPT leads, functional leads, and CAMs as required.
• Identify customer requirements and translate into organizational plans which support the development of SOWs, WBS, IMP, IMS, and Risk Assessments.
• You should possess extensive experience with Planning and scheduling and have proven ability to work effectively in a leadership role. You Will be expected to train and mentor new planners.
A person in this role typically has 8-15 years working in the capacity of production/program planning.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Experience with Program Planning
• Proficiency with Earned Value Management.
• Practical use and experience with Critical Path Methodology.
• Experience in Microsoft Project, Real Time Project, Open Plan, P6, or other planning tools.
• Experience with ANSI/EIA-748 (EVMS Guidelines).
• Familiarity with a scheduling tool such as MS Project, Real Time Project, or Primavera.
• Strong communication skills to be able to communicate with the Customer.
• Presentation experience.
• Experience analyzing data.
• Producing and Delivering IPMR CDRLs.
• Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.