Lockheed Martin Reentry Systems Engineer Associate in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As a Reentry Systems Engineer , you will support evaluation and development of various emerging reentry concepts and mechanical designs for the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Advanced Reentry Programs organization. The Advanced Reentry Programs organization is primarily a Systems Engineering group responsible for oversight, development, and coordination of Advanced Reentry Body (RB) Programs/Projects within the FBM Reentry Systems Directorate.
In this role, you will focus on the United Kingdom Technical Services Contract (UK TSC) efforts, including but not limited to:
• Evaluating conceptual reentry designs from a mechanical perspective, specifically taking into account material properties performance and manufacturability
• Coordinating with the Reentry Development Programs team as concepts mature and transition into formal development
This position requires coordination with other teams within the Reentry directorate, and occasional coordination across other disciplines/directorates. The position is in Centennial, Colorado and will require periodic travel to Sunnyvale, California in support of knowledge transfer activities.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical field from an accredited college
• Background/experience in materials, manufacturing, mechanical or aeronautical engineering
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance
• Experience with manufacturability of mechanical designs
• Experience with root cause and corrective action investigations
• Experience with lean manufacturing and additive manufacturing
• Experience with metallurgy and/or composites
• Background in aerodynamics, thermodynamics, structural dynamics, and/or mechanical stress
• Good verbal / written communication skills and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with management, peers, and in a team
• Familiar/knowledgeable of Reentry, Reentry Bodies, Reentry Vehicle Technologies
• FBM Program Familiarity (architecture, processes, procedures and systems) and Trident II (D5) Reentry System
• Familiarity with the DoD Navy Reentry and DOE/NNSA (SNL, LANL, LLNL) customer and associated contractors
• Active Top Secret Clearance
• Willingness to travel
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.